Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Bleed issue in Xara Designer Pro

Well you can always just add crop and bleed marks manually. Then right click and select Imagesetting > Print on All Plates.

Mike - I was thinking of print ads and brochures. I was not even considering large format printing.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Well you can always just add crop and bleed marks manually. Then right click and select Imagesetting > Print on All Plates.
    Unless one is using spot colors. That is a bug (to me) since I began with v.6. Such items marked to print on all plates do not hit the spot color plates. I think I had XDP 6 for two days before I discovered and reported it. Use to ask that it be fixed but gave up. This applies to moving the whole print marks, info stuff into the PDF export dialog.

I use to do a lot of two-color yard signs around election times. It's never really been an issue with the vendors I have used because of "typical" print work bleed amounts...but in packaging it is also common for cut/fold marks to be on the page and not having them hit the spot plates in XDP has been problematic.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Mike - I was thinking of print ads and brochures. I was not even considering large format printing.
    No worries! When I do poster stuff (last one was 29" x 40") that was printed onto this stuff, they wanted 0.125" bleed and no marks. Which is one reason we all just need to ask if not on the print establishments web site...

It outputs to PDF with .25" bleed. They do ask for .5" bleed and .5" safe around here for coroplast and for illuminated sign designs. My 1st version of 365 did it, so this is something new in V15. That said, if they can't cut to .25 they need to get a new pocket knife! All input was appreciated, thanks.

Steve...