Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help needed : Uploading using easily.co.uk as a host

Egg, many thanks. Yes I am running as administrator. I've managed to get the site uploaded in two stage via CuteFTP helped by Mr Priester but I was confused by some of huis kind instructions and will seek clarification later. As far as I can see Xara's FTP publish op is dead on my machine. Fwiw so too is the option to look at the installation on the site. That is presumably part of the same operation and times out.

I'm still very tempted to go back to v12. That worked perfectly well and frankly I don't need any of the 'updated benefits' of v15.

Philip

Quote Originally Posted by flip View Post
    Egg, many thanks. Yes I am running as administrator. I've managed to get the site uploaded in two stage via CuteFTP helped by Mr Priester but I was confused by some of huis kind instructions and will seek clarification later. As far as I can see Xara's FTP publish op is dead on my machine. Fwiw so too is the option to look at the installation on the site. That is presumably part of the same operation and times out.
    I'm still very tempted to go back to v12. That worked perfectly well and frankly I don't need any of the 'updated benefits' of v15.
    Philip
    Philip, the Run as admin is a one-off activity. Also try a complete power down and restart. If you are able to still use v12, look at its Web Properties > Publish > Other web host (via FTP) > Settings button and really double-check you have the identical in v15.

If you are sure than raise a Magix support ticket.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks Egg. Will do.

Philip

Easily FTP observations
    When connecting using a normal FTP client it takes a while for the easily server to respond and deliver a listing. The Xara FTP uploader is reporting a time out.
    Could it be that Xara is not waiting long enough for the server to respond before going into time out. Can the timeout tolerance be adjusted?
    Publishing to a folder and then uploading to the server is a workaround but defeats the excellent rapid change and update possibilities using Xara's built in solution