Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help needed : Uploading using easily.co.uk as a host

Since easily.co.uk upgraded all their clients onto a new system I can get FTP access using CoreFTP but I cant get Xara to talk to the easily server and upload sites

All I get is an FTP timeout error when I try to upload or explore the webspace

I'll ask here first as easily support is pretty flaky at the best of times

Bob

Default Re: Help needed : Uploading using easily.co.uk as a host

Make sure you are publishing to the the correct sub-folder. When you set up the publish parameters in Website Properties > Publish > Other Host Settings, if you click Explore Web Space to you see your files?

Bob, the server will automatically have many folders pre-loaded. Depending on your host you need to load your site into a specific folder, with mine it's named public_html, so to publish from Xara into the root directory I need to add public_html into the sub folder field. If I want to publish to a sub-folder I need to put public_html/sub-folder-name into the sub folder field. If the sub folder doesn't exist Xara asks you do uou want to create one.

I don't know the name of the folder Easily requires, but if you can use your ftp program this will show you the name.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ftp-settings-2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	121412  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi..
    It used to choose the /website folder by default when you didnt specify an upload path but now its called /public which I assume it requires.
    I've tried all ways but don't get an error code back, just a time out.
    The new easily web portal is a nightmare to navigate round.
    I'll keep on trying

You need to contact Easily support for this information
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

They answered today after waiting 50 minutes
    They have no answers to this.
    I tried another host and that worked fine.

Mods, may I pick up on this thread since I'm having the same problem? If that's not the correct procedure please accept my apologies and advise me and I will do as you suggest.

I specified the /public fold as instructed by Easily support (which I have to say I generally find quite good although I think they're all in the USA now). However, what I can't do is FTP from XWDpro.

May I ask how I prepare my project so that I can FTP it using CuteFTP which I noticed in another thread is what some users prefer to do anyway.

(Balance of questions moved to new thread)

Many thanks

Philip
    Last edited by flip; 21 June 2018 at 05:50 PM.

Hi Philip

Publish your site (File > Export Website) to a folder (I like to do this to a folder on my desktop so it is easy to find). Then upload the contents of the folder including the index_htm_files folder to your web host.

Still and all you should be able to set this up in Xara. Here's a link to easily's FTP instructions http://help.easily.co.uk/hosting-self-help/

You can also use their c-panel to upload your files.

Thanks for the quick response. I obviously didn't make clear my problem uploading from XWD. I can use all my 'new' FTP details to access my site using Cute. What I can't do is FTP from XWD using the same details. In fact, clicking on the publish button has no action whatsoever. Before v15 the action would trigger a build indicated in the lower left of the pane followed by the upload indicated in the top right. Now I get nothing. I note your advice re v15 and accept your expertise (mine is nil) but the problem I'm faced with is that all my difficulties have arisen since I moved to v15 (and moved to a 64-bit computer). Many thanks Philip
    Last edited by flip; 22 June 2018 at 08:17 AM. Reason: clatiry

Just a thought, since you've switched to v15 have you Run as Administrator? I can think of no other reason for not getting the publish dialogue window.
    Egg