Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Printing Colour = how to knock out?

Hello,

Have tried the help, and searched it. Can't find anything about knocking out colour for CMYK/printing. This document has quite a lot of white text on dark backgrounds. Just needs knocking out to avoid overprinting. Can't find where to do it.

Thanks!

Ali

Default Re: Printing Colour = how to knock out?

Knockout is default. The only other option is overprint. At least for a CMYK PDF. Never have looked at an RGB PDF from an Xara application that in turn has been converted to CMYK.

The issue of overprinting white is, as far as I know of, limited to AI. That catches people frequently. But it isn't an issue in Xara applications.

Thank you, Mwenz. Very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Knockout is default. The only other option is overprint. At least for a CMYK PDF. Never have looked at an RGB PDF from an Xara application that in turn has been converted to CMYK.

The issue of overprinting white is, as far as I know of, limited to AI. That catches people frequently. But it isn't an issue in Xara applications.

See the xar. I attempted to take a photo and exported as a dark PDF and set the text as cmyk.

Drop cmyk from dark bavkground.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Larry. I had forgotten I could do that. Particularly relevant for headlines, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Thanks Larry. I had forgotten I could do that. Particularly relevant for headlines, I think.
    Well I hope I helped. Actually I wasn't sure I did everything right.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.