Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Youtube embed on mobile variant?

Can someone send me to a tutorial and getting you tubes to show up on mobile varient? I have succesfully embedded youtube videos in standard website but it doesn't show up in the mobile variant? Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Youtube embed on mobile variant?

I am not sure and check back because there are those who know more than I, but I wonder if you need to embed the YouTube video separately in the mobile variant instead of using the copy Xara puts on the variant page?

So, try adding the YouTube video from scratch in the Mobile. And make sure you are on the MouseOff layer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I am not sure and check back because there are those who know more than I, but I wonder if you need to embed the YouTube video separately in the mobile variant instead of using the copy Xara puts on the variant page?

So, try adding the YouTube video from scratch in the Mobile. And make sure you are on the MouseOff layer.

Thanks gw! I think I tried that but will try again. ( Need to verify I was on the mouse off layer)

OK. Let us know if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK. Let us know if it works.
    Gw you were right I was one the wrong layer, however on my main full size website following the you tube tutorial i have placed buttons on the site and able to play them in the "named" iframe. However if I try to do that on the mobile version, the button link goes directly to youtube website and not play like the one, I have used in the placeholder. I tested the site on my iphone and the button i created on the mobile site isn't even clickable? It clicks fine on the browser preview and the window shrunk down to activate the mobile size. Any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

Kay

nevermind. not sure what I did but's its working correctly now. The only thing I did different was actually use the widget instead of manually creating the place holder on the mobile side. Weird but it's all good now

All's well that ends well as they say.