Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default Add New Brunswick Canada to your bucket list...

My wife and I just returned from spending a week at a friend's cabin on the Tobique River in New Brunswick, Canada. The Tobique River is one of the world's premier rivers for canoeing. We had a great time. It reminded me very much of earlier visits we've had to Maine. It is a great wilderness experience to visit the less developed areas of this part of the world. The camp we stayed at was a six-hour drive from our island home. When canoeing the Tobique the water is crystal clear -- we saw hundreds of rainbow trout while paddling. The current is a steady 4km/hr making a very easy downstream paddle for us who haven't canoed in many years. While canoeing it you pass some areas with cottages & camps but most is totally undeveloped. We did not see any pollution -- allowing you to feel like you have traveled back in time. On the trip we saw two black bears, 17 white-tailed deer, a moose, a fox, a hare, some chipmunks, a deer mouse, a few bald eagles, a red-tailed hawk, and some mosquitoes. It was exhilarating.

One day we also climbed Mount Carleton which is the highest peak in Canada's maritime provinces. Great view from the peak -- wilderness as far as the eyes can see in every direction.

New Brunswick probably isn't on most of your radars -- it should be! I've put together a little collection of images from Google search to remind me...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new brunswick.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	121400

Default Re: Add New Brunswick Canada to your bucket list...

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    ... On the trip we saw two black bears, 17 white-tailed deer, a moose, a fox, a hare, some chipmunks, a deer mouse, a few bald eagles, a red-tailed hawk, and some mosquitoes ...
    SOME?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm
    SOME?
    Yes, a few.

Those are some great shots you have taken. It sounds like a wonderful Trip

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    Those are some great shots you have taken. It sounds like a wonderful Trip

Ray
    Sorry Ray. As noted above the pics weren't my own photography. Rather they are from Google image search. I wish I could take pics like that but our encounters were too brief to reach for a camera. We encountered the moose, deer, and bears while driving. Saw a bear and the moose within a couple of miles of each other. Moose was about 20-feet from us in the ditch. She startled us & we startled her. Lucky she took off for the woods & not onto the road as a collision with a moose can be a very serious accident. The bear we saw minutes later wasn't big -- maybe a year old. We had to brake hard to avoid hitting it. I was surprised by how perfect it looked -- like it was just groomed professionally. Its fur was incredibly black - no shininess to it at all. It was as if it absorbed all light.