Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Resources/tutorials for Using Designer Pro for long documents?

Hi,

I was just curious as to whether there's some tutorials on using Xara for longer documents (i.e. 10 pages or more). I've done some booklets that have been up to 12 pages, but I was also writing them, and therefore editing the content was an option. I'm currently working on a project that's more or less something you'd normally use InDesign/Quark or similar software and was under the impression that DP can handle this kind of thing. I've found some of the tools for this such as page numbers and the like, but I was curious as to other things like dealing with importing large amounts of text over multiple pages and maybe guides as to the ways of doing this that lead to the least amount of backtracking and such. I've started working on this project already and am essentially copying and pasting a raw text file page by page, but this leads to a problem where if there is a change anywhere, then the pagination will be affected and needs to be handled automatically.

I appreciate any help in dealing with this problem. It's not something I've spent a long time with and to be honest haven't even really used InDesign either to edit long-form books. I am confident that Xara can handle it, but am unsure what kind of practices I should be using in order to keep my head from asploding dealing with a lot of moving details in which each page affects following pages in a cascading way.

Thanks and I hope this question was clear as I'm not exactly sure how to word it!
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: Resources/tutorials for Using Designer Pro for long documents?

Gary Priester might be able to give you some pointers as he uses XDP for publishing books.