Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Remove screen information when running Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

Remove screen information when running Xara Photo & Graphic Designer. It's annoying and it's holding it. You do not want any money for updates but there are none. Please, then, how to remove this unnecessary information. The golden times of what was under XARA.com.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	magix.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	121398
    Last edited by Spamiky; 16 June 2018 at 03:01 PM.

Default Re: Remove screen information when running Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

You could block Xara with your firewall, but then you might be missing all the great news about fantastic upcoming updates and giveaways etc.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Remove screen information when running Xara Photo & Graphic Designer

Have you tried Selecting 'Help->Info Pop-ups->Turn all off'. Not 100% sure, but think that should stop that message.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    Have you tried Selecting 'Help->Info Pop-ups->Turn all off'. Not 100% sure, but think that should stop that message.
    I have checked with my XWDP version 15.0 and it does stop the nag.

I reported this nagging in TG earlier as it is pervasive through the application and it serve no purpose in a professional designer program; it is pure nagware and Xara should be ashamed of such crass activity. I hope every time it does so, it reports another failed opportunity back to Xara so perhaps we should be clicking and nagging back.

To describe and develop a simpler approach. Insert > Shape > Arrows should open the Local Designs gallery > Components > Print & Web Components > Arrows.
    If you have not already used an Arrow download, you see the More online Blue Cross and (1) if in cover, this opens the Online Content Catalogue at Components > Print & Web Components > Arrows (2) if out of cover, goes to whatever marketing page MagiXara desires.
    Prior downloads are there in the Local Designs gallery waiting for your re-use.

How Heineken.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

answer MAGIX:

Hello,

Thank you for your request.

We are sorry but it is not possible to remove this information. You can click only to "Ok".

Best regards,

MAGIX Software GmbH
    Michèle Hohmeier
    Borsigstr. 24
    32312 Luebbecke
    GERMANY

Quote Originally Posted by Spamiky View Post
    answer MAGIX:

Hello,

Thank you for your request.

We are sorry but it is not possible to remove this information. You can click only to "Ok".

Best regards,

MAGIX Software GmbH
    Michèle Hohmeier
    Borsigstr. 24
    32312 Luebbecke
    GERMANY
    Gosh, this comes as a complete surprise to me, surely this is not so! [sarcasm].
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I have only ever seen that message after reinstall of xdpx12 - it only appeared once.... per reinstall
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I have only ever seen that message after reinstall of xdpx12 - it only appeared once.... per reinstall
    If you feel left out, you can get it back with Help Info pop-ups > Turn all on.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Far from it - I would prefer not to have to go into the registry to kill the messages about 'better converted to a jpg' and importing at a very high resolution - pure waste of time both for anyone who knows what they are doing
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...