Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: xara outsider died?

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Watch out for the website www.magixara.com, coming soon.

Acorn

P.S. www.magixara.com is currently available.
    Not yet??? According to who.is it is not registered to anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    Not yet??? According to who.is it is not registered to anybody.
    I was hinting someone might crowdfund it for £100 or so to deflect criticism of the Magix and Xara combo away from TG so we could get on the the task of helping fellow TGers leverage the Xara desktop applications.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I was hinting someone might crowdfund it for £100 or so to deflect criticism of the Magix and Xara combo away from TG so we could get on the the task of helping fellow TGers leverage the Xara desktop applications.

Acorn
    Oh... you meant available to register. I misunderstood. Sorry 'bout that. Ed

As if by Magix, an email announcing outsider is back dropped into my inbox today. But it’s not really really back, unless they’ve just forgotten to add it to http://www.xara.com/uk/outsider/
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Remember Magix took over the marketing last October, so we at Xara have not created an Outsider since then. The fact that Magix has decided to restart it looks like a really positive thing to me!

Kate Moir

Thanks Kate, I agree.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

Hmmm. Xara Outsider is or was a mix of Offers - thus marketing; Tutorial and Art, Hints & Tips - not marketing. I wonder if Xara Outsider didn't fall through the cracks. Was Magix made aware of its existence? Was there no agreement to share the burden? Or did Magix say that it should be replaced by Magix Magazine (not a good idea) or XaraXone? Or what?

XaraXone is similar to the Outsider as a mixture of marketing, tutorials and art. I notice that it has continued, but only for XaraCloud. I don't think that Magix is doing this. That leaves Xara. So, what about the Xara desktop content? Is Xara going to eventually get back to this?

Are the Outsider and XaraXone redundant? Can we at least have one of them with Xara desktop content, with links to the new features with each patch/upgrade?
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The xara Xone is now just a compilation of old tutorials dating back to the early days When it first began with Gary Priester. No new content has been added to the Xara Xone that i'm aware of since Magix took over and let Gary Bouton go. It was not a good move IMHO as Gary and Gary both shared the tutorials here on TG and got us all enthused about learning and sharing. I miss that very much. I learned a lot from both Garys.

I would love to see the Xara Xone and the Xara Xone forum here on TG resurrected with new content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Actually, there has been quite a bit since they dismissed Gary B, but not of the same quality.

Take a look at the link:
    http://xaraxone.com/us/
    and you'll see that the last updates were in August 2018, both for Xara Cloud.

Unfortunately, there is nothing like what the Garys did.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)