Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Pro Upgrade price

I "upgraded" which was just a renew with no problem. You get an email with a coupon code for website usage. Then I got an email telling me I needed to renew my website. Now I have to go to the bother of signing in again, finding my coupon code and applying it. Why it couldn't be one transaction I don't know.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Horrible, just horrible!

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    I "upgraded" which was just a renew with no problem. You get an email with a coupon code for website usage. Then I got an email telling me I needed to renew my website. Now I have to go to the bother of signing in again, finding my coupon code and applying it. Why it couldn't be one transaction I don't know.
    Hi,

I would not want that at all. My renewal is in July, but I started the web hosting in January. I wait until renewal comes around before using the coupon. So to answer your question - renewal for DPX and renewal for web hosting are not necessarily the same date; and, the coupon is also good for a new web hosting site, so it is up to the user to decide what to do.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would make such a business decision and put all ones eggs into the cloud based program when most people will not follow that route. If I can't own the program I don't want it. xdp11 is what I still use.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    et voilą

Attachment 121395

not being a paid up member of the xara lemmings trap since xdpx11 i feel slightly smug
    yes i'm bitter and cynical
    because i'd so much rather have remained a loyal xara supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Daver1 View Post
    For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would make such a business decision and put all ones eggs into the cloud based program when most people will not follow that route. If I can't own the program I don't want it. xdp11 is what I still use.
    I have the same view as you.
    If I can't own it, I don't want it.
    And I haven't seen a reason to upgrade from XDP11.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    I have the same view as you.
    If I can't own it, I don't want it.
    And I haven't seen a reason to upgrade from XDP11.
    Its a shame I like Xara products.. The have a good thing going then they blow it.. with weird changes.. Is Pro X a full home owned program? Or is that cloud based?

Quote Originally Posted by Daver1 View Post
    Its a shame I like Xara products.. The have a good thing going then they blow it.. with weird changes.. Is Pro X a full home owned program? Or is that cloud based?
    XPDX is a Desktop application with on-line content provision.
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-Service-Cover explains this all for the Web version but it applies to Designer Pro equally.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat