Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Pro Upgrade price

I just opened my Pro 15 and it expires in the first part of July. I had a message to upgrade and when I checked it out the upgrade price is $129.00 but I have to upgrade by tomorrow. Does anybody know what the price will be after the 14th? I am still debating if I will upgrade or not for the coming year.

Ray

Default Re: Pro Upgrade price

You say 'upgrade' but you need to renew the 'update service' and click a different button. I made that error last time and this required a new installation and serial number. Fortunately, it got sorted. Whether there's a difference between the upgrade and renewal prices right now, I don't know.

My XDP comes up for renewal pretty soon as well and I'm not sure yet if I'll go along because the price is ridiculously high for what you get (based on last year's updates and upgrade to v. 15 -- which was mainly a nuisance). These renewals and upgrades seem to finance their new pet project, the Cloud app, rather than the serious development of the desktop apps.

What the window says is Upgrade service window expires in 28 days which is when my time is up on July 11th. When I click on the button it takes me to the upgrade page. I do not see anything for renewal. I am wondering if Magic changed the name of the renewal to upgrade?

Ray

You might be right, Ray. I've just been browsing Xara's website and couldn't find any link to the update service except through the upgrade button. What a royal mess it all has become!

Good luck and keep us informed!

Both of the above correspondents would seem to be of above average intelligence. They can write coherent sentences, with subjects and predicates, also verbs, nouns, conjunctions, all in the correct order and they make themselves understood with absolute clarity.
    Why is it then, that they are made to appear absolute dunderheads because they cannot get their heads around the Magix/Xara Update-Upgrade conundrum?
    Who might be at fault here, do you think?
    For my money it is Magix/Xara, who are operating what appears to be a 3 Card Trick which is confusing to all who encounter it. Not just in this thread...there are plenty of other examples littered throughout Talk Graphics.
    The company should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves for using these shabby methods in order to get loyal customers to part with their cash for what amounts to very little at all.

{Edit} And while I'm on the subject, why has there been no response here from somebody in the company's employ who does know what the consumers' rights are in this matter and set the minds of there concerned people at rest? Chief Executive Officer perhaps?
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 13 June 2018 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Addendum
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Both of the above correspondents would seem to be of above average intelligence.
    I'm flattered. Thank you, sir!

et voilà

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlannedObMeme.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	121395

not being a paid up member of the xara lemmings trap since xdpx11 i feel slightly smug
    yes i'm bitter and cynical
    because i'd so much rather have remained a loyal xara supporter
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

One comfort, however, is that you're still a loyal TG-er. And that counts!

If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    et voilà

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PlannedObMeme.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	121395

not being a paid up member of the xara lemmings trap since xdpx11 i feel slightly smug
    yes i'm bitter and cynical
    because i'd so much rather have remained a loyal xara supporter
    I've not upgraded since XDP11, either.
    And I've not seen any reason(s) to do so.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone