Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Pro Upgrade price

It looks like the the price stays at $129.00 US. It is now June 15, and Magic site now says I have until June 21 to get this price. I think they just keep moving the date until I reach my expiration date in order to make it look like I am getting a great deal and to act now before the date passes. What a poor marketing strategy.

Ray

Don't do it Ray! You just know that you will regret it more if you do than if you don't. What have Xara/Magix done to suggest that you might actually benefit from upgrading rather than just sticking. It's hardly a case of double or quits, now, is it? You have no evidence that things will Magixly improve by you coughing up far too much cash for jam tomorrow. It ain't gonna happen. They are betting on you (and everyone else) buying into this weird strategy of theirs...these are the good guys, right?
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Bob,

You know the thing is with the last years improvements in the Pro version, I have not really had a need to use these features during this past year. Now if they had released them two years ago I could of used them a lot more but not right now. I do not need all of the Web templates because I do not do that much new Web design and that is where I see a lot of Xara content being published in.

I am lucky in the fact I can get my work to pay for the renewal if I go that route but is it really worth it for maybe a new feature I might use? Really hard to say, probably not though.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    It looks like the the price stays at $129.00 US. It is now June 15, and Magic site now says I have until June 21 to get this price. I think they just keep moving the date until I reach my expiration date in order to make it look like I am getting a great deal and to act now before the date passes. What a poor marketing strategy.
    Ray
    Ray, to be honest there is little value in buying into version 15; it is a canard.

You might need the templates or tables or Text Inside but unless you are a prolific web designer, a lot of these features can be "designed" by other means; hand-crafted always shows through anyhow.

Look elsewhere first. There is usually a free something that will beat a Xara kludge. If not, ask here as a kind TGer might just built it for you.

Do not, however, throw away your current Xara product. Its core offerings are jewels beyond compare.

In passing, is there a poor Magix web editor sitting in Germany looking at the calendar and incrementing the offer until date, week on week on week, Woche für Woche?

Acorn

P.S. Every day I try to be Xara positive and am knocked back, Tag für Tag. Come on Xara, for once do the right thing, however little.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm another one who won't be paying until something significant is included, would be interesting to know how many have renewed this year.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Quote Originally Posted by Christine Farrelly View Post
    I'm another one who won't be paying until something significant is included, would be interesting to know how many have renewed this year.
    I don't! And without knowing what new features there will be, I won't pay any more either.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    et voilà

Attachment 121395

not being a paid up member of the xara lemmings trap since xdpx11 i feel slightly smug
    yes i'm bitter and cynical
    because i'd so much rather have remained a loyal xara supporter
    Same here...

Thumbs down Re: Pro Upgrade price

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    In passing, is there a poor Magix web editor sitting in Germany looking at the calendar and incrementing the offer until date, week on week on week, Woche für Woche?
    It really has to be a real person as the Xara Web Designer Premium offer expired yesterday! Allegedly.

Xara Web Designer
    • New purchase £34.99
    • Upgrade £19.99

Xara Web Designer Premium
    • New purchase £69.99
    • Upgrade Regularly £194.96
    • Upgrade to 15 June 2018 £39.99

Xara Designer Pro X
    • New purchase £199
    • Upgrade Regularly £199
    • Upgrade to 21 June 2018 £89

Only a human could make up such a fairy tale.
    @Xara, none of these prices reflect reality. It is not possible to deliver features for XDPX, half them for XWDP and half again for XWD. Is XPD truly one fifth as functional as XDPX?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I see that web designer comes with some extras including 'Fastcut 2':

With MAGIX Fastcut, videos automatically edit themselves. Simply select a template and your recordings will be edited into an exciting film with perfect music, special effects and transitions to match.
    and if you beleive that... you deserve all you get....

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host