Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default .web file not opening

My .web file suddenly cannot be loaded into Xara Web Designer, although it used to work fine (last used in March). The message I receive is "Can't open that file type". Has something changed? Can anybody help?

Default Re: .web file not opening

first thing to do is to check to make sure it really is a .WEB file you are trying to open

that message should not occur for a .WEB file

you can try right clicking an choosing run as administrator when you open the program, it might work but if you have made no changes to your system it should not be necessary [if it does work you should not need to do it again]

rename it *.xar and see if that helps
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi Petrus,

If your file isn't loading anymore, can you send it to me (pm might be best) and we'll take a look at what is happening?

In the meantime you can try going to File > Open Recent > Backups and see if there is a recent copy of your file you can open?

Kind Regards
    Rob

I very occasionally get that but when I do I find that if I drag the file from File Explorer onto the top of the Xara window, it opens. Worth a try.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host