Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Quark?

Does anyone know if quark works well with Microsoft? I currently use Corel 9.0 but it causes a lot of errors.

Does anyone know if quark works well with Microsoft? I currently use Corel 9.0 but it causes a lot of errors.

Quark is a high end publishing package, you edit and typeset text and import graphics, lay it all out and produce a publication.

Draw is a graphic illustration tool.

The two packages are entirely different.

Are you trying to layout a magazine type publication or draw vector graphic illustrations with some text in them?

As for "works with Microsoft", I do not quite understand this. There is a Windows version of Quark Express with the same functionality as the Mac version.

If you require your finished publication to be exported from Quark to another Microsoft application I would say that this is generally not possible, you might be able to go via an EPS / PDF route, but Quark does not generally embed fonts in the these formats and often requires an Xtension to achieve it. Either way the exported files are unlikely to be easily editable. In general Quark is the last stop prior to press output to a postscript device.

HTH

Peter

P.S. Draw 9 is one of the most stable versions of Draw around could you elaborate on the problems you are having in the Draw Forum on this BBS we might be able to help.

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt