Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Private pages

Default Private pages

I would appreciate advice, please. I would like to add pages to my website via login, and not otherwise accessible. I'm using caspio to create the login/members database, how do I restrict access to pages the other side of login?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Default Re: Private pages

Hi Divsec,

This has been answered many times Copy the text below and paste it into your browsers url bar:

site:http://www.talkgraphics.com/ Login with Password
    DON'T Click on it, just copy and paste it.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Divsec,

This has been answered many times Copy the text below and paste it into your browsers url bar:

DON'T Click on it, just copy and paste it.
    Thanks Egg, that didn't quite work but I'll keep on looking
    D

Typically, Xara users do not have access to a password management system as Xara delivers static HTML pages.
    Instead they rely on the folder permission of the root of the website to enforce a logon. This is only for access and everyone would have the same password.

Your need is far, far more complex. You have a different password for each member. At some time, you will probably allow different page accesses to different members. Members forget or you have set up a password expiry period so members need to access resets and lock out functions. The list goes on.

At a high level, any unauthorised access to any web page should divert to a login page. Once a session has been initiated, a logged-on member can access their pages until the session is expired (browser close, log off, timeout).
    The divert and other password management pages would have to be PHP. caspio should provide these hooks otherwise you have a lot of coding ahead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you Acorn, lovely answer. What I'm thinking of doing is using caspio to do all the individual password work. Then getting casio log on to point and complete directory logon. Just got to work out the last bit. I can get caspio to open a specified page on success, now I need to learn the code to fill in the htaccess logon. Should keep me quiet for a day or two, thanks again