Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XaraCloud in endless loop

This is the endless loop (Free Version):

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: XaraCloud in endless loop

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    This is the endless loop
    Egg, have you tried saving the design before moving to the mobile view?

To be honest, I have yet to get enough interest in Xara Cloud to go through the motions of helping. I gave up when I found Step Transitions were not available and yesterday found Page Transitions were also deficient.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg, have you tried saving the design before moving to the mobile view?
    No I haven't Acorn. I've just loaded a previous saved file, therefore there should be no reason to 're-save' it. I'll give this a try tomorrow but in reality it shouldn't make any difference.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, I create a seven-page document and then made a 480px Variant. All in XPDXv15.1.

I then chose Share > Xara Online Designer [sic].
    After signing in through Dropbox, it took about two minutes and refreshes before the file appeared.
    Thereafter, saved changes in XDPX took about 15 seconds to bubble through.

It opened slickly and I could scroll down all 7 pages.
    I switched to the 480px Variant, named Mobile, and ditto.
    I cannot reproduce your problem.

What I couldn't do:

• Find a page separator, unless there was a page background.
    • See any added Pasteboard background.
    • Change the page background colour in Xara Cloud.
    • Add a pattern, image or anything to the Pasteboard in Xara Cloud. Adding Pastboard changes in XDPX work but do not show in the Design page, only the published page.
    • Simple things like changing the page height are Premium features. Go figure!

Sorry to hijack your Thread but in checking your issue I am seeing 20% functionality in Xara Cloud compared with XDPX, which was worth the mention.

Acorn

Link: http://shared.xara.com/LQf5hp4R8n
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Egg,

Nice catch with this issue! and big thanks for reporting this, it's been passed to our development team (P9052-7535) and it appears to be linked to the new Fit-to-Width functionality. We're going to try to fix this as quickly as possible, currently the workaround is to change to 100% zoom, instead of Fit-to-Width. Open your document and Ctrl + 0 to set 100%.

Many thanks,
    Ben

P.S. @Acorn, thanks for reporting those issues aswell, however I don't think the features have been implemented into Xara Cloud yet? If any of them are regressed functionality please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben.Moses View Post
    @Acorn, thanks for reporting those issues aswell, however I don't think the features have been implemented into Xara Cloud yet? If any of them are regressed functionality please let me know.
    Nice to have you back Ben. I am sure none of what I have observed has been delivered. This is why I have no current interest in a product that is a series of brick walls.

Acorn

Cheers for that Acorn. I find it quite buggy.

Ben, It's very difficult to know what screen size is as the 'Fit to Width' or '100%' remains unchecked on opening the settings. But I confirm your workaround works

I'm having big issues with the Settings button not opening the settings panel:

Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 11 June 2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Egg

Hi Egg,

Thanks again for the thorough steps and reports.
    The issues are the settings not animating in - P9052-7266, (we're trying to fix this asap), the view checkboxes not showing checked until re-opening - P9052-7509, nice spot!

If I've missed out any issues in the video, please let me know.

Many thanks,
    Ben

This has either still not been fixed, or it is back.

It appears whenever I try to duplicate a group in my main site, try to edit mobile or apply a photo grid.

Photo grids in the document are not recognised anymore, so not editable at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss xara cloud refresh.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	123137Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ss xara cloud.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	123138