Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Align column text across cols

Pl can someone tell me the best way to align unlinked text across two cols.

Thank you.

Default Re: Align column text across cols

If you have two linked text areas then the text aligns and flows automatically.

At the bottom of the first text area, click the small arrow, drag a new text area (you can adjust the size after you draw it) and the text will align and flow into the new text area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	text flow.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	121362  

Hi Gary,

Yes. It isn't that. It is the fact that the text is not aligned across the columns, because I have an illustration in one column, and some call out text in another. In Quark there is a way to do this. Is there a workaround in Xara? Including anything in the text destroys the layout. Should I not embed?

Guess what? I can't find a way to do this in Xara, but I imported it into Serif Page Plus 9, which corrected the alignment...

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    Guess what? I can't find a way to do this in Xara, but I imported it into Serif Page Plus 9, which corrected the alignment...
    I cannot visualise any of your described problems, so screenshots of what you achieved with Serif and what you have tried with Xara might help. Don't try and describe what you cannot do with Xara because it might be you.

Xara doesn't have workarounds, it has different.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just because I am an idiot, Acorn, doesn't mean I am stupid!

If I have two text areas with the same font etc, when I introduce a graphic into one column I am not able to get the alignment back. Other progs do have a way to attach to the baseline. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Artyboots View Post
    ...I imported it into Serif Page Plus 9, which corrected the alignment...
    Smartest thing I've read in these couple threads.

I have got to that unfortunate point in this document where I can't see it any more. Everything looks wrong. Things I liked, I now hate...

Guys, what font size (in general) are you using for brochures? The client has nice branding, but the font that looks great on the web is a bit light for print. Perhaps I am just paranoid, now. It's just about readable at 12pt (Crimson Text), but that is usually giant for a brochure. What are your favourites for brochures, and what size do you use? ALL the Xara templates use 8pt. REALLY? What eyes do they have? This is a brochure for mature businesspeople. We don't want them to need an electron microscope.