Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Blurry Text on Image Export

Hello,

What is the best way to get text to display clearly on image export?

I've been reading a few posts in this forum about this, still unsure what to do.

Attached is my image, exported in .gif .jpg and .png. Is there something to do prior to export to have the exported file show text clearer?

Many thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiles.gif 
Views:	138 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	121350   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiles.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	121351  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smiles.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	121352  

Default Re: Blurry Text on Image Export

When you click the export option and name the file, pick the Settings button and in Bitmap Size change the DPI to 1200.

Or 600, or 300, or, ...

Assuming these are going to be images that are in leaflets at some time.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    When you click the export option and name the file, pick the Settings button and in Bitmap Size change the DPI to 1200.

Or 600, or 300, or, ...

Assuming these are going to be images that are in leaflets at some time.

Acorn
    Thank you, I will give that a try.

I go to File/Export to save as Bitmap. Under Bitmap Size tab, I don't see how to change the DPI.

My apologies, I may not be in the correct place. Your help is SO appreciated. Here's a screen cap.

(Speaking of screen cap, with Xara open, I did try a screen cap of the image I'm trying to export. I saved the screen cap as a .jpg and text looks clearer. Just thought it best to try to export; although thought the screen cap idea was worth a go.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bmp options.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	121354  

Well, I feel quite silly. I see that I just type 1200 into the box that said 100 %. I think the % sign threw me off. Many thanks for help. It looks good and clear at 1200 DPI.

Hi Sue, I wouldn't recommend exporting as a Bitmap (BMP) but either as a jpg or png. gif isn't ideal as it can only contain 256 colours.

If you select jpg or png you can set the dpi to whatever you require (300 for example). In your screen grab you are exporting as bmp and can't set the dpi in that format.

What are you wanting to do with these images? Print or Web?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodsue View Post
    Thank you, I will give that a try.
    I go to File/Export to save as Bitmap. Under Bitmap Size tab, I don't see how to change the DPI.
    My apologies, I may not be in the correct place. Your help is SO appreciated. Here's a screen cap.
    (Speaking of screen cap, with Xara open, I did try a screen cap of the image I'm trying to export. I saved the screen cap as a .jpg and text looks clearer. Just thought it best to try to export; although thought the screen cap idea was worth a go.)
    Only GIF & BMP switches from DPI to Scale; the other formats are DPI. Xara assumes you have 96 dpi resolution for GIF and BMP as these are typically on-screen file formats.

My apologies.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Export as TIFF and at 300dpi. This is usually good for most commercial printing and magazines. TIFF is a good file format for printed work.

+1 for TIFF.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com