Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A thingummyjig

Default Re: A thingummyjig

I was going to post a little sooner to say that I should have pitched this thread at a younger audience.

Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

or maybe a less musical one

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    I wasn't sure then (and I'm still not now) is whether the nose has flared nostrils, or it is an Hercule Poirot syle moustache. Both work equally well for me.
    i had exactly the same thought as i was posting it
    which says a lot for my geriatric memory
    originally posted in 2014 i think
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

I think it's funny that a majority of the reason the insert/adapter is shaped in this way is to save on material: a simple disc uses something like 20% more material (usually plastic, I think?) to produce than this cooler looking shape which also makes a good martial arts clan insignia...and also a throwing star.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

if Bob will forgive me for saying, one thing that is not present in his drawing is the grooving - the tab ends of the insert had inset grooves, and it is the shape it is so that you could compress the tabs slightly, necessary in order to fit the grooves over the outer circumference of the hole and grip tight

as far as I know the shape has nothing to do with saving material.... just to give spring and grip
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I remember it the other way round ... I seem to remember that the hole in the 45 was grooved and the tab ends had a slight tongue, but I could be wrong.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

my memory isn't perfect these days, but the ones I remember are the ones Bob drew so well - if you look at the last set of images in the article linked here:

https://arcmusic.wordpress.com/2008/...he-45-adaptor/

the far left image shows the overlap, insert/adaptor over record.. thats how I remember it and struggling to learn how to fit it when young

still doesn't mean I'm right 'twas a long time ago ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...