An update on the search (for those that are interested). Any additional feedback or comments are still greatly appreciated.

Mobrise - can't test without spending the $60 for the <html> add-on. Development seems stupid easy. Very mixed reviews. Read several comments about your published site being loaded with links and ads for the products. It is FREE but loaded with opportunities to BUY add-ons. Hard to identify the actual cost of using it going forward.

Webflow - nice reviews. Have to use Chrome for the development - I don't want to use Chrome. Prefer not to use a hosted / subscription service. If I didn't have my current bias to Chrome and hosted/subscription, this might be a good alternative. Cost for Unlimited unhosted projects is $42/mo.

Website X5 Professional - built a working site with the demo and the ecwid shop page works fine. Not so good reviews for the product or support. It does what I need. It is no WYSIWYG. You add objects as you walk through a 5 step build process but can't see them until you preview or publish. Cost for the perpetual license is $229, and the lower end version might work for me at $79.

CoffeeCup Site Designer v3 - I really want to like this one. I have played with earlier versions and watched few videos. Doesn't look like a quick development tool. I think this could be an excellent tool but with a pretty steep learning curve. I might explore this one a bit more. Cost for the perpetual license is $189 - $349 depending on the package of tools purchased.

WYSIWYG Web Builder 14 - This might be my choice. I built a working site with the demo and the ecwid shop page works fine. The entire site is nicely responsive at all browser widths. Created the site this a blank page and then using several "blocks" instead of a full template. The program appears to be robust with substantial capabilities. The UI looks very dated, not appealing at all. There are just TOO MANY tools on the sidebar so you have to scroll to find them all. SUPPORT - I had a question at 1 am and sent an email using the contact form. I got a reply from the developer at 2:30. (did you hear that Xara and Magix? a support reply in less than 2 hours!) I had already made some setting changes that got what I wanted to work. Cost for the perpetual license is $59 and includes updates for a year. No subscription for content, some are included, and there is a market to purchased additional content from the developer and others.