Hybrid View

Default Re: Alternative - Addition to Xara Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    https is going to become a requirement shortly

As it should be.

a guy runs a simple hobby website for years
    he has great seo because of his content
    now google tells him he has to buy an ssl certificate or his seo will plummet
    that's progress
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Search and security are of course two different subjects but in this case seem to be meeting one another.

Just came across Pinegrow. Looks interesting but not sure how steep the learning curve is.

= Steve

This thread popped up from Steve's post. I never posted that I found what I was looking for. I purchased WYSIWYG Web Builder version 14 in 2018. I am now using version 16 and version 17 teaser ads are starting. It is a remarkable web building product. The support is astounding. I don't think I can recommend it highly enough, especially to Xara users that needed an alternative like me. I haven't built a site in Xara in 3 years. But that does not mean Xara is not a part of my daily used tool set. Still love Xara but have a new web builder to love. Anyone need more details or to discuss it let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    This thread popped up from Steve's post. I never posted that I found what I was looking for. I purchased WYSIWYG Web Builder version 14 in 2018. I am now using version 16 and version 17 teaser ads are starting. It is a remarkable web building product. The support is astounding. I don't think I can recommend it highly enough, especially to Xara users that needed an alternative like me. I haven't built a site in Xara in 3 years. But that does not mean Xara is not a part of my daily used tool set. Still love Xara but have a new web builder to love. Anyone need more details or to discuss it let me know.
    The Windows version is well done. I tried the Mac version and it was disastrous.
    I always come back to Xara, probably because I know it more than anything. In the midst of learning the Affinity suite at the moment. Thanks for the recommendations.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    The Windows version is well done. I tried the Mac version and it was disastrous.
    I always come back to Xara, probably because I know it more than anything. In the midst of learning the Affinity suite at the moment. Thanks for the recommendations.
    I am a Windows user. Works great and never had a crash or serious issue. Sad to hear about he Mac version and surprised based on the quality of the windows version and the developers commitment to quality and support. I have Affinity installed and used it a couple times for a specific need that Xara would not handle. Haven't committed the time to learning. I still do some quick prototypes with Xara and then implement with Web Builder and I still have a number of Xara sites that I support and update.