Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problems with paragraphs switching to "hanging" using website variants

I'm having an issue with website variants and just cannot seem to get around it. The behaviour I describe below also happens when I try to create a new style to be used exclusively in the mobile variant. All the paragraphs for the style in question switch to a "hanging" format and there seems to be no way to switch them back. Below is a detailed description of the issue:

below is my paragraph in the mobile variant before I start:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara01.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	121292

I want to make the test bigger. So I simply change the size. The result is below:

Name:	Xara02.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	121293

I only want the text size to increase in this variant, so I right click and select Update style "Normal text" in this variant:

Name:	Xara03.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	121294

And it does this to every paragraph on every variant that uses "Normal text". The paragraphs all have a "hanging" style:

Name:	Xara04.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	121295

As mentioned, I thought one way around this would be to create a new style. So I undid all of the above and started at picture one again. I increased the size of the text, then right clicked and chose Create new style:

Name:	Xara05.png 
Views:	74 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	121296

As soon as I click OK on the above, I get the indent again (albeit this time, only on this single selected paragraph as that is the only one using this new style):

Name:	Xara04.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	121295

I realise that I can probably get around this by using the Stop sharing variants options for the text in question, but I shouldn't have to do that. Besides, there is a lot of text and I don't want to be forced to be updating it in multiple variants.

Any help appreciated.

Windows 10 professional using Xara Premium 10.1.3.35257

Default Re: Problems with paragraphs switching to "hanging" using website variants

I was going to delete this as I was a tad embarrassed that a few minutes after posting, I found what I think was the cause of issue myself. But then I thought maybe this post might help someone else in future. The issue seems to be related to the size of the text box. It was too big. When I made it smaller, the issue was corrected.

Regards

Default Re: Problems with paragraphs switching to "hanging" using website variants

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdDegree View Post
    I was going to delete this as I was a tad embarrassed that a few minutes after posting, I found what I think was the cause of issue myself. But then I thought maybe this post might help someone else in future. The issue seems to be related to the size of the text box. It was too big. When I made it smaller, the issue was corrected.
    Regards
    Seriously, don't delete this. It shows how hard it is sometimes to "Think Xara". Seeing a problem explained and solved is how we all do it nad never in a stright line.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes, please keep sharing. We all make errors but learning from others mistakes helps the whole forum
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I am very interested in the way(s) you were able to get things to speed up. Text box size? anything else that speeds things up? I am having significant speed problems when entering in text boxes. Thanks :-)