I am redoing my current website as it's been around for 5 years now and it's long overdue for a revamp.

I have a huge amount to put on this new website as I have been doing a lot of research on the topic, which is about an author and his life and work. So rather than use a lot of text which is how my current one sits I thought it might be good to use some form of timeline. So my questions are:-
1. Looking at other timelines it appears that the pages are either one long continuous page vertically or horizontal...is that feasible with Xara or would you recommend another way... ie I did wonder about splitting it into periods of time
2. The timeline components shown in the content catalogue are static..how can I (or not?) get them to move like a timeline... such as in this example of Anne Frank (not contemplating something quite so complex as this!!)
3. Any other suggestions if this idea is not feasible within Xara, bearing in mind want to continue with Xara. There seem to be some timeline templates on tke internet but not sure if they can be used with Xara and that would still bring me back to the matter of page width and length.

Thank you for any help
ps forgot to add the example of the Anne Frank website http://www.annefrank.org/en/Subsites...ites/Timeline//