Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Removing horizontal line in smart shape?

Is there a way to remove the horizontal line in smart shape Timeline 10 while maintaining its smart shape properties? I thought I remembered a control to reduce the width of the line to zero but I might be mistaken...

Default Re: Removing horizontal line in smart shape?

I don't think you can remove it or edit it but, as a workaround, you could cover it with a line/box in the color of your background.

You can Convert to Editable Shapes, this disables the smart shape and just makes this a shape that you can edit like any shape with the Shape Editor.

Thanks Gary and Boy - As I mentioned I need to retain the smart shape properties because I'm superimposing this on tables, to give an easily extendable set of graphics, which the tables function isn't yet adding. Right now, I'm indeed covering up the line with background colour, but I thought this was one of the elements whose parameters could be changed (to zero width).

Yes. Ctrl Select the horizontal rectangle and either give it no fill or the background fill or delete it. This still seems to remain as a smart shape.

EDIT: No it doesn't, it throws up the following error box (also misaligned):

JavaScript error: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'content' of undefined"
    SmartLineWithCircles.js (1): !function(){define(["./Path","./Shared","./SimpleSmartShape","./Matrix","./Rect","./Point","./Camelot","./ClipPathToPath","./ComplexSmartShape","./SmartBarChart"],function(t,e,o,s,r,a,h,d,u,p){function l(t,e){y.call(this,t,e),this.length=0,this.widthOf Line=0,this.extendingLine=0,this.groupSpacing=0,th is.usedNodeIds=[],this.groups=[],this.lineMode=I.Active,this.verticalLineOffset=0} function g(t,e){this.revision=2,y.call(this,t,e),this.lengt h=80*h.pixelSize,this.extendingLine=5*h.pixelSize, this.radiusOfCirc

and it no longer works as a smart shape. Another half baked implementation?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	timeline-10.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	121271  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Further update:
    DON'T delete the rectangle, just give it no fill or the background fill. This doesn't throw up the JS error and it remains a smart shape
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Example:

Egg

Many thanks, Egg. I've also used 'control' to select each circle and change each ring colour. Then I used the transparency tool on the rectangle, which seems to work.