Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question P & GD 15 - Insert Smart Photo Grid 8. What does the Move Photo button do?

Hi,

15.1.0.53605 DL x64 May 7 2018 plus latest update. Windows 10

Blank page, insert Content> Photo Grid>Smart Photo Grid>Smart Photo Grid 8>Import.

The 2 x 2 photo grid of 4 photos is imported. Each of the 4 photos now has a blue blob in the centre which, when hovered, displays the Tooltip 'Move Photo'

But dragging that blob doesn't do anything.

Ok, I suppose that as each photo is exactly the same size as its container, there's nowhere for it to move. I get that.

However, if I enlarged one of the photos, say, the poured coffee, I might then want to move that photo to put the leaf design in the centre. Yes, I'd want to Move Photo in that case.

Oh, but wait a minute... there's no way of enlarging a single photo, is there?

So what is the purpose of this 'Move Photo' blob?

Default Re: P & GD 15 - Insert Smart Photo Grid 8. What does the Move Photo button do?

D'oh!

I missed the fact that the Rotate handle actually says "Rotate AND Scale".

So it IS possible to enlarge a single photo.

But the blue 'Move Photo' blob in QuickShape mode still does nothing: it's the 'Hand' icon in the Photo Tool mode which moves photos.

Default Re: P & GD 15 - Insert Smart Photo Grid 8. What does the Move Photo button do?

Brian, it doesn't move the photo within the frame, it relocates the photo within the grid.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Oooh! And depending upon the size of the original photo, the grid changes shape!

Thanks!