Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How Many Mobile Variants or What Mobile Size Variant is Correct?

If this is already out there, please forgive. Tried to search. Recently, one of our sites was penalized a little from Market Goo for not being mobile enabled even though Google recognized it as being mobile friendly. Market Goo mentioned when I asked about this that: Quote: "For a website to be labeled as responsive, we check that the website fits within a range of 340 / 360 pixels wide window. "

So I know most off the themes are 480 for the mobile variant. Would love some input out there from fellow web designers. Do you design more than one mobile variant? And what sizes do you design your mobile variants in?

Thanks

Default Re: How Many Mobile Variants or What Mobile Size Variant is Correct?

With introduction of iphone X, resolution is on the rise, so most can use desktop version too and for tablets as well. I just make anything below 500px for mobile and the rest is for desktop and above.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    With introduction of iphone X, resolution is on the rise, so most can use desktop version too and for tablets as well. I just make anything below 500px for mobile and the rest is for desktop and above.
    Thanks for your input.

Here is what I use and should be good for a few more years. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard-1.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	121257

Never heard of MarketGoo before so I ran one of my sites through it. 1050px desktop version & 480px mobile version.
    I never received any mobile enabled warning.

"For a website to be labeled as responsive, we check that the website fits within a range of 340 / 360 pixels wide window. "
    Xara sites are not responsive but reactive. Remember that when you're testing your site on this type of site their not being magnanimous they want to sell you their SEO services.

If Googles happy I wouldn't worry
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg is my hero

Thanks!