Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question ? PDF file format not shown in XaraPro15 dropdown list for OPEN and IMPORT. Windows 7

The dropdown list for Open File and Import File does not list the PDF file format option; just the PDF Placeholder option. This only happens for the installation of X15 Pro on my Workstation PC running Windows 7.

On my Laptop PC, running Windows 10, the installation of X15 Pro has no problem displaying the PDF file format option.

I tried reinstalling X15 Pro on the Workstation PC and had no luck.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Default Re: ? PDF file format not shown in XaraPro15 dropdown list for OPEN and IMPORT. Windo

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    The dropdown list for Open File and Import File does not list the PDF file format option; just the PDF Placeholder option. This only happens for the installation of X15 Pro on my Workstation PC running Windows 7.
    On my Laptop PC, running Windows 10, the installation of X15 Pro has no problem displaying the PDF file format option.
    I tried reinstalling X15 Pro on the Workstation PC and had no luck.
    Any ideas of how to fix this?
    Three is a *.PDF, fourth from bottom. The PDF placeholder is 10 items above that.
    If you're is missing, I don't know why.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: ? PDF file format not shown in XaraPro15 dropdown list for OPEN and IMPORT. Windo

At open it is indeed the fourth from the bottom.
    At import there's only a pdf placeholder option.

Not that it makes any difference for importing pdf files but makes a search(all files option) in a big folder a cumbersome task.
    I use xnviewMP as my image manager and drag/drop from there,works like a charm.

have you done the run program as administrator thing ? [right click and select, once only]

Hi,

If the PDF export option isn't appearing in the list it means the PDF filter hasn't been registered, usually because Xara doesn't have permissions to do so.

First thing to try is as handrawn suggested - close the program if it is open and right-click the program shortcut > Run as Administrator.

If that doesn't work, you can try manually registering the filter by going to start > type "CMD", then right-click the command prompt program > Run as Administrator.

Type:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\15\Filters\ENG\PDFXFilter\PDFXFilter.dll"

and press enter. You should get a confirmation that the filter has been registered. If you are using the 32 bit version or installed to a different location you'll need to adjust the path appropriately.

Please let me know if you get any problems.

Thanks
    Rob

? PDF file format not shown in XaraPro15 dropdown list for OPEN and IMPORT. Windows 7
    @rob communication is also reading the question;
    OP has problems with IMPORT and OPEN,not exporting

PDF filter used for import and export. Same thing. Instructions still apply.

This wasn't clear upfront,maybe you could have made it clear in your first post.
    But thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    At open it is indeed the fourth from the bottom.
    At import there's only a pdf placeholder option.
    Not that it makes any difference for importing pdf files but makes a search(all files option) in a big folder a cumbersome task.
    I use xnviewMP as my image manager and drag/drop from there,works like a charm.
    haakoo, I actually did check Open and Import so I reported back what I found within my installation.

Communication is key and had John (OP) stated 'lists' rather than list the ambiguity around was was being sought might have been a little easier.

The point about forum interaction is any OP may not have the language to communicate the problem and us "experts" ought not get high and mighty over whether the problem is a Little-Endian one or a Big-Endian one (Gulliver's Travels and Lilliput).
    I like scoring points, especially with Egg, as it forces us to be as exact as possible but bringing in some humour along the way; Egg is by far the more patient so don't ask me outright. I'm Little-Endian, by the way.

Regarding your addendum about searching through a long list with All files (*.* ), there have been several Posts around re-arranging the presentation order of input and output file lists to better suit your workflow.
    The quicker way is sort the Windows folder list by Type or type in the first letters of the file to return a restricting list.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

a Little-Endian one or a Big-Endian
    these days I prefer omlettes