Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Screen Capture problem XDPX - does not capture full screen on Surface Pro 4

Xara DPX 15.1.0.53605

I have no trouble with the Capture Screen utility using my desktop, resolution 1920x1080, the problem is with my Surface Pro 4, default screen resolution 2736x1824. When I do a screen capture using the timer, I only get a portion of the screen when I am going for full screen, and only a portion of the window. Doesn't matter which Screen Area that I use, I never get the full picture, only a small portion of either the screen or the window.

A full screen capture gives me an image of 1368x912. A window, with and without content of Active window gives me 592x379.

I have no intention of changing my default screen resolution for this.

Is there some setting that I have to do to get Xara to capture my screen size, or is this shortcoming of Xara that requires fixing?

Same thing with previous version 12 and patches.

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Screen Capture problem XDPX - does not capture full screen on Surface Pro 4

John, cheat and use IrfanView to check; I suspect it might be your SP4's graphics card.
    Try plugging in an external screen.

With two extended monitors at different screen resolutions, using Xara, I just got 4240 x 1440px.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Screen Capture problem XDPX - does not capture full screen on Surface Pro 4

Thanks Acorn. I didn't think to use IrfanView and didn't have it installed on my Surface Pro. Since done, and its Capture works fine.

I would expect an external screen to work for Xara, as the two that I have are 1920x1080.

I expect that someday Xara will fix this. I do like using it because I often annotate the screen shots, so it's more convenient using Xara.

Thanks again,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)