Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: adding text sometimes gives the object behind it a light green outline?

The RightClick option remains working
    When chosen by RightClick it is possible to have it anyway but no way to switch it off by RightClick
    When altering yet another regkey : Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options\TextTool EnableTextInsideShape
    you can switch off the textinshape option altogether.

Default Re: adding text sometimes gives the object behind it a light green outline?

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    The RightClick option remains working
    When chosen by RightClick it is possible to have it anyway but no way to switch it off by RightClick
    When altering yet another regkey : Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options\TextTool EnableTextInsideShape
    you can switch off the textinshape option altogether.
    It is amazing that Xara fails to add UI capability for these features, thinking it knows best.

Looking forward to a long prevarication spell before sanity kicks in.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I find XDP to be like a tropical jungle... there’s lots of cool stuff in there - if you happen to stumble across it. Don’t expect anything to work in a human-logic way though. Oh, and expect lots of intertwined stuff. Pulling on one thing will shake six others ��

More complaints! I am so so glad I have not upgraded from P&GD11. after watching months of disgruntled members complaints. I will not go into them because you can read thread after thread of users dismay, frustration and anger. Whatever happend to Xara. When I first joined T.g. and using XaraXtreme, it was also simple and straight forward, a brilliant piece of software you downloaded and recieved good updates also if you wanted, purchase the Disc. From what I see now it's like trying to navigate a minefield and what you get does not work so well as well as some things implemented make no sense at all to me. Handrawn said in one of his posts he would not be upgrading untill he sees where Xara or Majix were heading and especially in the vector drawing area which has been sadly neglected, I will do the same, wait and see. There is something terribly wrong when you look on these forums and see it's like an abandoned ship. T.g use to be alive with posts and the XaraXone was humming. Why did Majix mess with the machine.

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    It is amazing that Xara fails to add UI capability for these features, thinking it knows best ...
    The should be nothing in the general functioning of the program, that the USER doesn't have total control over. Take the stretching/squashing issue. It was absolutely ridiculous that in a DESIGNER program the program knows better than the designer. If we're not free to use the program to design whatever/however we wish, what's the point of using it.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Sigh yeahhhh so I just have to click outside of any objects when adding new text. Very annoying. What is wrong with the programmers? They should never change defaults because we bought this thing to work a specific way...
    Ron Cavagnaro

Hmm. It only happens when an object has been selected and the text tool is passed over the selected object. It requires two intentional actions to convert the object. I do not find this intrusive, just different. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Hmm. It only happens when an object has been selected and the text tool is passed over the selected object. It requires two intentional actions to convert the object. I do not find this intrusive, just different. IMHO.
    Not quite, there is no hover action to display the green text area. That would be a good visual clue (Sharks ahead!); the cursor does change but it is imperceptible. Designers like to place a text object where they choose. It is now not possible to drag a Text Area that starts on top of a Shape.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 05 June 2018 at 05:04 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

"It is now not possible to drag a Text Area that starts on top of a Shape."

I must be missing something. I draw a circle. I unselect it (V). I select Text tool (T). I click inside the circle and type text. I then select the selector tool (mouse, not V), which leaves the text selected and out of editing mode. At this point the circle is not selected, the text is, and there is no green outline. I can drag the text without changing the status of the circle. I am not a full time artist so maybe there is a loss of a shortcut that I am unaware of. Pardon the grammar.

Ok, the green border of the text area only shows that the text area ist empty. It shows also on a normal empty text area.

@DanDelix
    You're right, to change the shape to a inside text area, the shape must selected before.

To deactivate we can change the registry entry like in post #7 from HAAKOO. Ok, this could be implemented in the properties.

Also:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options\ShapePainterTool\EraserBreaksShape
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options\ShapePainterTool\ShowSketchModeButt on
    and so on, and so on …

Werner (WSNetwork)