Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: adding text sometimes gives the object behind it a light green outline?

Sigh yeahhhh so I just have to click outside of any objects when adding new text. Very annoying. What is wrong with the programmers? They should never change defaults because we bought this thing to work a specific way...
    Ron Cavagnaro

Default Re: adding text sometimes gives the object behind it a light green outline?

Hmm. It only happens when an object has been selected and the text tool is passed over the selected object. It requires two intentional actions to convert the object. I do not find this intrusive, just different. IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by DanFelix View Post
    Hmm. It only happens when an object has been selected and the text tool is passed over the selected object. It requires two intentional actions to convert the object. I do not find this intrusive, just different. IMHO.
    Not quite, there is no hover action to display the green text area. That would be a good visual clue (Sharks ahead!); the cursor does change but it is imperceptible. Designers like to place a text object where they choose. It is now not possible to drag a Text Area that starts on top of a Shape.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 05 June 2018 at 05:04 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

"It is now not possible to drag a Text Area that starts on top of a Shape."

I must be missing something. I draw a circle. I unselect it (V). I select Text tool (T). I click inside the circle and type text. I then select the selector tool (mouse, not V), which leaves the text selected and out of editing mode. At this point the circle is not selected, the text is, and there is no green outline. I can drag the text without changing the status of the circle. I am not a full time artist so maybe there is a loss of a shortcut that I am unaware of. Pardon the grammar.

Ok, the green border of the text area only shows that the text area ist empty. It shows also on a normal empty text area.

@DanDelix
    You're right, to change the shape to a inside text area, the shape must selected before.

To deactivate we can change the registry entry like in post #7 from HAAKOO. Ok, this could be implemented in the properties.

Also:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options\ShapePainterTool\EraserBreaksShape
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\15\Options\ShapePainterTool\ShowSketchModeButt on
    and so on, and so on …

Werner (WSNetwork)