Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 15.1 tables - inability to duplicate rows with images

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    Rob, I'm grateful for the speedy update and appreciate that it takes work to release a patch. But I have to agree with Keith. By not supplying a fast fix (or at least a workaround) for a critical function in the update's main new feature, Xara is saying: 'Look! You can finally insert a staff directory.. as long as you don't have more than 5 people in your team.... And you can finally have a table with checkboxes!.. as long as your checks are in exactly the same cells as in our gallery table.'

If the Magix folks can't give a timely fix could you at least give out on your instructions page a step by step workaround for inserting a graphic into an existing table (so that it moves and can be processed with the rest of the table) and adding a row with a graphic. Thanks.
    Also Rob wrote on 30th May that "This has been fixed internally shortly after the last patch unfortunately so it won't be released until the next patch!"

I know you are all very busy but it's now September and there's still no sign of this critical patch. I know this has been pointed out in other threads, but I really think Xara's development cycle needs to be seriously and urgently reviewed. As someone who has pushed for tables for years, I am quite ok that you started off not enabling importing of xls data etc. But it is really unacceptable that you included tables with graphics in the content gallery, when these can't be moved with the rest of the table... and then, after hearing about this bug, you added additional tables with checkboxes, where you can't change the values and move them with the rest of the table.

Please can you give us a timeframe or advice for this.
    Thanks
    Yaffa

Hey Yaffa,

We're currently in the beta stage with the beta testers ironing out bugs, I can't say exactly when but I would probably guess within weeks.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, we have made some much needed improvements and updates to the tables (including working on CSV import) and hope to get this to you asap.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hey Yaffa,

We're currently in the beta stage with the beta testers ironing out bugs, I can't say exactly when but I would probably guess within weeks.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused, we have made some much needed improvements and updates to the tables (including working on CSV import) and hope to get this to you asap.

Thanks
    Rob
    Thanks, Rob, for the speedy response and concern. The problem is that weeks is not 'soon' for fixing of critical issues. And much though I'm looking forward to seeing CSV import, it's almost worrying that Xara is working on this before fixing the major bugs in what has already been rolled out with much fanfare.

I'm not normally an impatient person but this delay is causing me (and probably other people) major, major problems and is making it impossible to incorporate Xara into my work plans.

Again, the lack of CSV import would not be a problem for most of the non-techies I try to assist. I could just show them how to use tables and would tell them that for now, they'll have to add the info manually, but soon there'll be a way to do it much faster if they have lots of info. People would really understand that. They'd share in the enthusiasm about the tables and we would all be able to plan realistically. But right now, I'm in a serious limbo as I know that my colleagues would encounter the bugs in the tables the minute they tried to use them. (I'm still perplexed and concerned about how such serious issues were not caught in the Xara testing.) And it just wouldn't work for me to tell these people that maybe in a few weeks, the images they insert into tables will move with the rest of the table.

Yaffa

... I can't say exactly when but I would probably guess within weeks ...
    Within WEEKS is a LONG LONG time for Xara to come up with a fix that you said was "ALREADY FIXED INTERNALLY" 3½ MONTHS ago.

This doesn't bode well for the promised regular updates/upgrades throughout the year!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Within WEEKS is a LONG LONG time for Xara to come up with a fix that you said was "ALREADY FIXED INTERNALLY" 3½ MONTHS ago.

This doesn't bode well for the promised regular updates/upgrades throughout the year!
    Yes, I think you misunderstand. Her problem is fixed, I'm saying I'm guessing it'll be weeks before the next release.

I have to agree with Keith because what he is saying is that you confirmed the issue was fixed on the 30 May and here we are almost mid september and the fix is still weeks away from release - and that is too long for something that should never have slipped through testing in the first place, which is also what Yaffa said ...

where is the misunderstanding?

and you say only have a small team..I read that as 'we do not have enough resources to do the job... ' something I've suspected for quite a while....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Unfortunately release cycles and update times are well beyond my control.

What I was clarifying before was not that it's going to take us weeks to fix it, but rather it was fixed when I last mentioned it was months ago and that the fix will be within the next update.

ok rob - alhough I think that was already clear
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

good point Keith. I agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, I think you misunderstand. Her problem is fixed, I'm saying I'm guessing it'll be weeks before the next release.
    Rob - Again I do appreciate your speedy handling of this one. But the bottom line is that my problem is not fixed until I can use that fix and Xara now has a situation whereby new features are not announced in advance, but are released....Then several months later they are (hopefully) made usable. It's really disturbing that you have no control over this...

Yaffa