Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Xara WebDesigner / Background Video in Browser Chrome?

Hello can someone help me?
    Since Google updated the Chrome browser, I no longer manage to automatically run a background video from Xara WebDesigner Premium. The problem only affects the Chrome browser.
    Thank you and best regards

Default Re: Xara WebDesigner / Background Video in Browser Chrome?

Welcome to TG Philipp. Have you got a url so we can view this?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Ei Bramhill
    The website is only on the rise: https://hostpart.ch
    Thanks for your help and best regards
    philipp

Not sure if it is the cause of your problem, but it is something you can quickly check.
    You include JQuery four times, this might (or might not) cause confusion. One include is added by Xara but you could remove the other three from the WOW-Slider headers and try if that helps.

Many thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, I do not know what to do with it. How do I remove JQUERY? I work with Xara Web Designer, I'm not a programmer. In OPERA you can start the movie with the right mouse button, in chrome this is not even possible. In the other usual browsers the film runs alone.

I can't really tell for sure from the htm file where your WOW sliders are placed, but it looks like one is on the main (1120 px wide) variant and has a transparent background and shows text "ph-Design, etwas für jeden Geschmack", "mein Webhosting, sehr schnell und zuverlässig", "Illustrationen, mach’s mit Stil und Aussagekraft", and so on. The other sliders are on the smaller 400px varaiant. These sliders are usually put to the page using placeholders. If you doubleclick them a dialog opens that allows to view the HTML code (body) and the HTML code (head), among other options.
    Click on the HTML code (head) button and another dialog will open that displays the code Xara places in the head section of the created htm file.
    What is shown in these dialog should look like:
    Code:
    <!-- Start WOWSlider.com HEAD section -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="engine20/style.css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="engine20/jquery.js"></script>
    <!-- End WOWSlider.com HEAD section -->
    Just remove the third row:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="engine20/jquery.js"></script>
    from each of the WOW slider placeholders to check if that is the cause of your problem.
    Don't forget to click OK and Apply.