Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sharing WEB Sites between computers problems

I have been testing sharing my WEB Site between two of my computers ready for a colleague to edit as and when required. I uploaded the site from one computer to Dropbox and then downloaded it to my other computer. It appeared to work once but after that I keep getting the following message, any ideas please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture Histiry site download version.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	22.0 KB 
ID:	121236  

Default Re: Sharing WEB Sites between computers problems

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    I have been testing sharing my WEB Site between two of my computers ready for a colleague to edit as and when required. I uploaded the site from one computer to Dropbox and then downloaded it to my other computer. It appeared to work once but after that I keep getting the following message, any ideas please.
    Never had any problem with Dropbox and i do this daily.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn Have carried out process with Dropbox again and same problem occurs. Looks more like a problem with Xara than Dropbox, like you other items from Dropbox work fine. Any ideas please. Terry

Acorn Xara will not now open any Web site including those saved in my normal folder ie. not the "Download" folder.

Terry, clutching at straws for you here.
    Have you just had the latest version downloaded/
    Did you then restart your PC/laptops(s)/
    Have you run the application once as Administrator?

Can you upload into TG any XAR/WEB file that fails so I can test from here?
    Can you use Copy Dropbox link and supply that?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn Thanks for your time and straws. I'm guilty, my originatiing computer was running version 15 and, to my surprise, I was trying to open with version 12 on my recipient computer, the result being the problem I outlined. I have switched my recipient computer to version 15 and all appears to be be functioning OK. Just a comment, I would have thought I would have just lost some features rather than stopping it alltogether. Also strange that it opened once and then stopped.
    However thanks again as usual. Terry

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Acorn Thanks for your time and straws. I'm guilty, my originatiing computer was running version 15 and, to my surprise, I was trying to open with version 12 on my recipient computer, the result being the problem I outlined. I have switched my recipient computer to version 15 and all appears to be be functioning OK. Just a comment, I would have thought I would have just lost some features rather than stopping it alltogether. Also strange that it opened once and then stopped.
    However thanks again as usual. Terry
    Terry, I have opened v15.1 files in v12 locally and it moans a lot but then opens. Xara clearly hasn't tested networked files and their handshakes enough.

Acorn