Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Editable calendar

Tables have only been introduced into Xara software V15 LGF. I can't say if it's in P&LD 15 but it won't be in P&LD 11.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Tables have only been introduced into Xara software V15 LGF. I can't say if it's in P&LD 15 but it won't be in P&LD 11.
    Thanks Egg - there's a P&LD 15?

I believe so LGF, LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks Egg

Can I use this calendar to change to 2019 (the calendar2018.xar) ? Then I should update each day number manually ?

Info Re: Editable calendar

Quote Originally Posted by joicol View Post
    Can I use this calendar to change to 2019 (the calendar2018.xar) ? Then I should update each day number manually ?
    Yes. That was the purpose of the design to be universal, unlike Xara's, now defunct, attempts. Each Month page has a locked Layer, named Month.
    unlock that and change the Month and Year to any month in the same format.
    The text has a Name, theMonth, that is then parsed to calculate the start day of each first of the month.
    The index > instructions Layer should cover the rest.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Yes. That was the purpose of the design to be universal, unlike Xara's, now defunct, attempts. Each Month page has a locked Layer, named Month.
    unlock that and change the Month and Year to any month in the same format.
    The text has a Name, theMonth, that is then parsed to calculate the start day of each first of the month.
    The index > instructions Layer should cover the rest.

Acorn
    Ok, thanks a lot. One thing that is not clear to me is: how to integrate this calendar into an existing xara design. I guess I should copy all the (13) pages to my existing design. But what (main) page one should then link to in order to publish the calendar as a whole ?

Info Re: Editable calendar

Quote Originally Posted by joicol View Post
    Ok, thanks a lot. One thing that is not clear to me is: how to integrate this calendar into an existing xara design. I guess I should copy all the (13) pages to my existing design. But what (main) page one should then link to in order to publish the calendar as a whole ?
    Apologies for the delay in replying. I was working with a client.

If you want to incorporate the calendar into an existing design then I would change the index page to calendar.

This particular page has Page Head code of:
    Code:
    <script>var d = new Date();
    var months = ["jan.htm","feb.htm","mar.htm","apr.htm","may.htm","jun.htm","jul.htm","aug.htm","sep.htm","oct.htm","nov.htm","dec.htm"];
    window.location.href=months[d.getMonth()];
    </script>
    This forces the calendar page to jump to the current month.

I think what you probably want to do is place the calendar page in an IFRAME so that the current month is then always initially shown.

If you just want a complete calendar that is day-month correct for the changed year then just use the jan-dec pages separately, discarding the calendar page altogether.

I added the code above directly into a text link to jump to the current month, as another method.

Calendar-2019.xar

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Thursday Mr. Acorn,

No apology needed sir. I'm sure you have many other things to do besides helping those of us struggling here. I've learned a lot but I am still technically challenged . Some of the language you use to describe what you've done with your calendar is beyond me, but I will move forward and if I have a question I will get back to you. Do I need to copy & paste what you've provided here and will that be enough?

As I stated earlier, my use for a calendar will be for posting student class information and/or changes to class schedules. And, I wanted a calendar that would permit me to be able to put enough info into each daily block. Again sir, thank you for responding so quickly and I will be back in touch if I have questions or can't get your development to work for me.

bob