Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Editable calendar

The tables feature should now make it easier to set up an editable calendar, but I'm wondering how best to do this...start from scratch with days of the week as columns and somehow insert a number and text box into each cell? Or superimpose a table onto one of the calendar templates? I'll probably need only a few words maximum in cells.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Editable calendar

You could start with table 6 and grab the middle blue control handle on the right side of the table and pull it over to the left to reduce the table down to one column. grab the bottom middle handle and pull it up to reduce the table to one cell and one heading. set heading colours and text styles for your Calendar and the pull out the side and bottom to add columns and rows back in until you have enough for the calendar. Now you can edit the text in each cell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calendar table.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	121237  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks - You added the numbers manually or superimposed a table over a calendar template? I ideally want the numbers to be fixed and an editable text box.

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    Thanks - You added the numbers manually or superimposed a table over a calendar template? I ideally want the numbers to be fixed and an editable text box.
    Have a look at the one I built hee: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...tual-Calendars

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

yes I added the numbers manually. The text boxes are live text boxes and you can still click and add text to them. I put together a step by step tutorial. the method is a bit fugdity but it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thanks very much, Angelize!

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    yes I added the numbers manually. The text boxes are live text boxes and you can still click and add text to them. I put together a step by step tutorial. the method is a bit fugdity but it works.
    Hi Angelize,
    This is just what I need - many thanks - but sorry if I'm being thick, but where do I find table #6 in the content catalogue?

LGF, from the top menu select Insert / Table
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    LGF, from the top menu select Insert / Table

P&LD 11only has:
    Insert:
    from content cat
    shape
    text box
    font awesome symbol
    new page
    page number
    break