Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple obect layer transitions is not working for me

This is a really basic newbie question that I almost too embarrassed to ask. I have just purchased Web Designer 10 Premium.

I can't get this to work - from the help file page titled "Layer Operations" ..."Using this tab you can apply animated transition effects to a layer, if it's used as a pop-up layer on a web page, or if it's a presentation layer. The layer then appears with the transition effect when it's revealed in the exported web page. Use the slider to set a transition time from 0-5 seconds."

The object (a simple rectangle) just appears on the published webpage and doesn't transition as required.

I am using firefox but it doesn't work in other browsers either. What am I doing wrong.

Thank you, Jeff

Default Re: Simple obect layer transitions is not working for me

Welcome to TalkGraphics Jeff

I think this is better covered in Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll. Do a search (Help > Web Designer Help > Index).

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have been exploring that.

In the video on animations it says to right click on an object and select "web animations" in the context menu. But those words do not appear in the menu.

Is this because the video is based on a previous version and the functionality is not available in the newest version?

I cannot for the life of me get the animation, created and exported/imported into a blank webpage to work in any browser. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

I managed to get further. Thanks for your attention. No doubt more questions to come.