Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Watermark problem on the Net

Xara Designer Pro X 12.8.1.50861 DL x64 Jul 24 2017: I have a WEBsite up with graphics I want Watermarked. They are .JPGs. I've placed the mark where I want it, and even group the two pieces together, but when I save and upload nothing shows. I have the art set to blow up to screen size when popped. When the graphic the Watermark does not show. Any thoughts appreciated.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: Watermark problem on the Net

Make it one image?

Got a url Gilbert?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Got a url Gilbert?
    Here ya' go and you'll see the Watermarks, but they are tiny: http://www.eclecticarbor.com/pd%20main%20page.htm. This is ignorance, I know, but I couldn't figure out how to make them one image. Nothing in the "Arrange" menu would allow it, so I grouped them thinking that might do the trick.
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 26 May 2018 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Didn;t finish

Grouping should do the trick, because grouped objects are exported at bitmaps.

There is a LOT going on on that site. Not even sure where to look for watermarks.

They are very tiny and most are at the top right and bottom of logos on most of the album icons. The albums blow up to screen size when you click them, but the watermark does not come with them. Ive even made a bitmap copy in Xara and it comes out blurry. This is a catalog site.

The bitmap has to be at least 96dpi at the largest size. If it is not, then the image will be blurry.

Xara tells me my files are 96 DPI, and they are PNGs. I'm working with one on the top line far right until I get the issue resolved. I made a Live copy and that doesn't change anything either. I have a border and the watermark does not show, nor the border. I'm not sure how to make this one graphic.

Select the watermark and the photo, right click and select Make Bitmap Copy. Set the Color Depth to True Color (NOT True Color + Alpha) and the Bitmap Size to 96dpi. Press Create.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bitmap copy.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	121235  

Thanks Gary that is helpful, but there was another problem that was giving me the grief. During the latter part of our communications I received an email from GoDaddy telling me they'd changed my FTP address making things much better for visitors..of not explaining what the positives are supposed to be ....so now everything is pulling up the way it's supposed to. Sorry to have wasted your time. However, your input is always educational and to my benefit. Thank you VERY MUCH.