Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Topical cartoon

Default Topical cartoon

A humorous and topical cartoon from Matt in today's Daily Telegraph.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Matt.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	121215  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: Topical cartoon

That is really excellent.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It struck me after posting this that our readers outside of Europe might not understand this.
    I'm not totally with these new rules, but I do know that I have been receiving emails from companies that I have had business with in the past
    are now obliged by these new regulations to email their customers.
    It has been like being away on a two-week holiday back in the days before emails and returning home finding a huge pile of letters on the doormat.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 25 May 2018 at 07:21 PM.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Excellent, relevant post Bob, my inbox is toppling over with mail from everywhere even companies from years ago. Even though GDPR does not apply to non-Europeans, I read today that everyone will get notification because at present they cannot distinguish between Europeans and non Europeans, and also rather than correct the problem it would be easier to apply GDPR world wide, which would make sense.

Stygg

I'm getting quite a few in Canada
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It's a very poorly implemented legislation with many grey areas. I like the idea behind it, the need for companies (in or outside the European Union) to have data protection policies but they should all need to have a single method of implementation. At present every email I receive requires different actions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host