Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Blueberry Field...

Lovely photos all. Ross, I see that you are another Canadian who wears shorts until the snow flies, if it does in PEI.

There is now an 11 km bridge to PEI, so watch out for bear and moose making their way across.

We were supposed to vacation on PEI last year as I was selling the idea of those beaches to my wife. Didn't make it. Tried again this year, but she wants to go around the Cabot Trail again.

This reminded me that I have yet to finish my video of our trip to Īles de la Madeleine in 2013. How time flies! To get there, you drive about 5 hours NNE of Souris, PEI. Well, actually, you drive onto the ferry and it drives for 5 hours. Ross, I presume that you've been there. More fantastic beaches, but also a reddish rock along many of the shorelines. Most beautiful!

Attachment 121232

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EOS REBEL T4iIMG_1239.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	121233

Hmm, strange, a couple of the photos that I wanted to attach wouldn't.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hi John --- I haven't been to >> Īles de la Madeleine << but it's the nearest place on my bucket list so I have no excuse to not go soon. We live about an hour away from the ferry.

I fully support your wife's wanting to go back to >> Cape Breton <<. I was conceived there and it is the home of my MacIntosh ancestors post-Scotland. Many years ago I worked as a lifeguard at Ingonish Beach on the Cabot Trail.

For anyone not familiar with these Canadian islands I made their names above into links... (Note the pics of
    Īles de la Madeleine have a little menu list on the corner of the page allowing you to see more than the nature pics).

Hi HD. My 'Uncle & Aunt' used to run the Grapes Hotel in Formby. Well remember happy family holiday visiting the dunes in the early 60's as a kid. Great coastline. Very similar to Hemsby in Norfolk where the erosion is an even bigger issue.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi there Mr B

Not that familiar with the norfolk coast - but I was brought and live on the Yorkshire coast and I remember going down to Spurn, the spit on the Humber mouth, for picnics; and playing amongst the remains of first world war gun emplacements that lay amongst the sandunes and broken on the beach.

The sea play havoc and has washed away the road now, as it did the old wartime railway track that preceeded it; but it's still a naature and bird reserve

A fair perectage of our coast ends up down your way - 6ft in a year in places... but a lot of it dosn't stop, just says hello and carries on down to Holland - the whole coast erodes; I blame the EU

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spurn

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sp...RVRTimzwydPzM:

My better half comes from Liverpool - I escaped the family, up to Southport by trian, and then walked down along the beach as far as the firing range, where the red flags were up, so I had to cut back into Formby from the south and have refreshment in the Railway [which surprise, surprise, is by the station home]

I love the coast, I love the solitude when you hit it right and the weather too... one day I might make Norfolk...
    Last edited by handrawn; 27 May 2018 at 11:15 PM.

Ran into the River Humber for quite a few years so knew Spurn Point very well.

Here's a recent image of Hemsby.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hemsby.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	121239  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    My better half comes from Liverpool - I escaped the family, up to Southport...
    Be careful what you write on this interweb thingie. Perhaps the inlaws can read!

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Ran into the River Humber for quite a few years so knew Spurn Point very well.

Here's a recent image of Hemsby.
    I used to have a pic like that taken in Florida. I saved it for years thinking I'd do a fake real estate listing. "Charming waterfront cottage for sale - practically right on the beach. Enjoy the beautiful beach and cool sea breezes all day. Fall asleep with the soothing sounds of the nearby surf. Unobstructed panoramic views of the beach. Well ventilated cottage needs some TLC - perfect for those looking for a DIY project in a spectacular setting. Act quick as this may be your only chance to live at a beach. Offers over $900,000 will be considered."
    Last edited by Ross Macintosh; 28 May 2018 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Add more bull...

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Macintosh View Post
    Be careful what you write on this interweb thingie. Perhaps the inlaws can read!
    ah but there is ironic humour in my statement that would be clear to my scouse [liverpudlian]/yorkshire relatives

we have lost complete villages to the sea since I were at school - at Scarborough a hotel side down the cliff when it collapsed not so long ago

nowhere in England is more than 75 miles from the sea they say.... in parts it's getting closer

I think I saw a pic like that on the news Egg - parts of our coast are very low cliffs - Scarborough is rock, but down the coast to spurn its boulder clay.. the sea scoops out the bottom and it falls away...