Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Separating Bugs from Features

from my experience when restoring my laptop the update system jumps straight to the latest version

my installed xdpx12. 2 was therefore updated straight to the very last verion xdpx12.8, which was after my subscription expired - there was no option to go to xdpx12.6 the last version during the life of my sub - I think the magix systems are not [currently] capable of this

I had to reinstall at xdpx12.2 and tell the updater to go away...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    from my experience when restoring my laptop the update system jumps straight to the latest version
    my installed xdpx12. 2 was therefore updated straight to the very last verion xdpx12.8, which was after my subscription expired - there was no option to go to xdpx12.6 the last version during the life of my sub - I think the magix systems are not [currently] capable of this
    I had to reinstall at xdpx12.2 and tell the updater to go away...
    I think v12.6.1 was a doozy so Xara probably set the version you get updated to as the 12.8.1 version, proving how easy it would be to provide the sensible position of the latest at the end of subscription. Yes, subscription.
    Just because you do or do not use a word, doesn't make it true: current spam email from Xara: "Anything is possible with Xara Cloud". One from 11 May; Xara Cloud: "Bug fixes — improved user experience!"

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

the last time I tried this I did get to update to 6 - that is what is on the desktop computer...

this time I didn't on the laptop

maybe it depends on whether the system recognises the configuration in some way - don't know - past caring

'simplify your problems' they say...

xara are, since the subscription model, an unnecessary complication for me - and that's quite apart from the sneaking suspicion that they don't really know what they are doing and are just trying to blag into a new market with polished corporate spin and precious little else.. I feel sorry for them, and sorry for those that bought the 'anything is possible' line way back and have no easy way out..

One thing for sure, I will not tolerate any more disruptions to workflow as a result of half-assed implementation of 'new features' - enough is enough

The update service is entirely out of my remit unfortunately, that's pure sales department (which Magix handles), otherwise I wouldn't even have it at all. I would make an awful salesman lol.