I read this into what Rob (I believe) indicated and that I am assuming that Xara (as indicated by Xara) is the one doing the programming of Xara, not Magix. Magix just creates the install package and does the distribution, does it not? However, Magix would also check that Xara works with their other products - Video Pro X, Movie Edit Pro and PhotoStory, and that, once installed, the program works properly (QC); if not, Magix would send it back to Xara. Logically, if the problem was on the Magix side, Magix would just fix it, not send it back to Xara. So, since the program was sent back to Xara, it had to be a Xara problem.

I seem to see a lot of Xara involvement in this forum, but I understand your point. Xara could be more proactive on the "Dear Xara" forum and narrow down the big requests to a couple that are doable in the near future, some for later, and those that they cannot do (and why not), along with engagement of the community. The problem will always be raising expectations and then failing to deliver with the next update/upgrade. Users become outraged. We don't know if Xara had more for this update that just wasn't finished in time. This happened with Vegas (now a Magix program) last year where the developers indicated that they were working on one particular main feature request (amongst others), raised expectations, and then because of technical problems, could not deliver it with the update. With the update, Vegas apologized, indicating that they ran into unforeseen problems but that rather than delay the update, decided to issue it without the new feature. Users were very disappointed. Sometimes you can't win.

Early this year, Magix opened a thread (in more than one language) requesting users to post their requests for new features for Video Pro X. There was a sizable list. Magix thanked everyone and closed the threads. A couple of months later, Magix sent out a survey to all users mainly about the type of new features they would like to see. It looked like they were looking for a sequencing of where to concentrate their efforts first, and which third party plugins to offer. One of the points on the survey (a long-standing request) showed up in a new release of Movie Edit Pro. We're still waiting eagerly for a new major update to Video Pro X (my 365 update service has expired and Magix has not requested payment to extend it, just like last year) and I'm still learning how to use the new features that have been introduced over the last year or so. Perhaps Xara could do the same, round up the requests and then send out a survey to ascertain the level of interest in each feature. Would this help? Just remember, they can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

And then, of course, deliver on some game-changing features.