Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara Web Designer has been updated

We’ve just released an update to Web Designer, available now.

You can find full details on what’s new in the Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/web-designer/ but the key additions are basic table support and text flow within shapes, and there are some examples of both in the Online Content Catalog. There are also new templates including web stories, presentations and social media headings.

If you have an active Update Service then this update is free. If you already have the November 2017 update installed (v15.0, you can check in Help > About) then this new update will download automatically. If you have a version older than 15.0 then you will need to re-download the software, there is no auto-update. You can uninstall your current version or run it alongside if you prefer, and it uses the same serial number. Note though this news is hot off the press, we haven’t updated the downloads on our website yet, so you can either download 15.0 now and it will auto update, or you can wait for the new downloads, due soon.

If your Update Service has expired or you have v11 or older then you can renew your Update Service / upgrade in order to access this and all the other updates since your version. Go to the Web Designer page on magix.com and click Upgrade – but note my comment above about the downloads not being updated yet.

Default Re: Xara Web Designer has been updated

Don't want to be a partypooper (once again);
    But is that all you could deliver within this year?
    Javascript objects,
    Tables ??who needs tables??
    Other prefab-content?

I pitty you Kate, to have us bring this message.
    And that you cannot make them see the true need for features like perpective mesh/colour mesh, a real bitmap-tracer,
    Real pantone support,better ligature and text handling.
    To name a few requests made in the dear xara sub forum.(sigh)
    Last edited by haakoo; 23 May 2018 at 08:37 PM.

@haakoo ofcourse that is all, because they been working on the cloud for the past year. Wait until another year to see some improvements to web designer. For time being I am learning to work with wordpress and DIVI.

Well I share the frustration about upgrades/lack thereof and the shift of focus to the Cloud.. But from a quick look at the upgrade, I'm overjoyed that Xara finally has reasonable native support for tables. If properly marketed (big 'If'...) this could be of immense help to folks who don't need a full-blown CMS but want to display a certain amount of info (conference dates, details of their books and articles, list of their staff members) in an attractive organised format. And for those people who are graphically challenged, text flow within shapes and the greater control of text within text panels give an extra way to present their material easily and professionally.