Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X and Photo & Graphic Designer Updates

Selecting Help|CheckForUpgrades with my Xara P&GD 12.7.0.50257 DL Jun 7 2017 takes me to an upgrade which morphs into offering an upgrade to to P&GD-365.

What version is this?

Looking at my Magix Service Center page trying to check which products I have shows me that ALL my products from Xara Xtreme 4 down to a P&GD 12 Trial were apparently bought on 11/24/2017 . I presume that this is 24th Nov 2017

Apart from the fact that it doesn't show my (pretty much consecutive) products back to Xara Studio OR the fact that I have an actual version 12 - not a trial - how do I upgrade (any of the products I have) to the latest version of P&GD ?

TIA

[Edit]
    I have found a Trial version of 15.0.0.52382 DL x64 Dec 1 2017 If I register that, is that the latest version ?

(No, this Trial doesn't allow resizing of bitmaps, but I presume the real version will, yes?)

Hi Kate,

I for one appreciate the tables so thank you.

= Steve

Quote Originally Posted by brianlj View Post
    I have found a Trial version of 15.0.0.52382 DL x64 Dec 1 2017 If I register that, is that the latest version ?

(No, this Trial doesn't allow resizing of bitmaps, but I presume the real version will, yes?)
    I had version 15.0.0.52382 DL x64 Dec 1 2017, but this allows updating to the may 2018 version of DPX15

The version I have is DPX version 15.1.0.53605 dated May 3 2018. With this version, if you right click on the Lock Aspect Ration button (when visible), you can deselect "smart Transform". Once you do this, you can stretch bitmaps vertically and horizontally.

I am pretty sure that eventually the trial page will be updated to contain the May 2018 update.

Quote Originally Posted by Promidi View Post
    I am pretty sure that eventually the trial page will be updated to contain the May 2018 update.

Yes! So, Xara please let us known when the latest version is available for download!

I don't know... it's all starting to make me take a serious look at Affinity Designer. Slow updates and subscription to get hardly anything.

The new trials are now live on the Xara website - Designer Pro, Photo & Graphic Designer and Web Designer - so if you need to re-download you can now do so.

Just to re-iterate, the main additions are text inside shapes and table support but you can find more details on what's new in the Release Notes. For Designer Pro they are at http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/ for Photo & Graphic Designer they are at http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/photo-graphic-designer/

Kate Moir

I have just updated to xaraDP 365 I would like to bring in my offline content Where is it located

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    I have just updated to xaraDP 365 I would like to bring in my offline content Where is it located
    If you are referring to downloaded content from an earlier version, look at https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...365#post594365. Change (username) to your logon and 10 to 10, 11 or 12.

Once found, you can use the Local Designs gallery > Disc designs button.

It makes more sense to right-click on each Local Designs gallery Folder adn pick the Download all option.
    These downloads will then be in .../15/...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I too would love to see better brushes and cool plugins/effects or compatibility with AI/PS plugins, but Magix doesn't seem to know that Designer is used for more than just creating documents and calendars. (Ooooh! New smart shapes!)

Quote Originally Posted by MadTropic View Post
    I too would love to see better brushes and cool plugins/effects or compatibility with AI/PS plugins, but Magix doesn't seem to know that Designer is used for more than just creating documents and calendars. (Ooooh! New smart shapes!)
    Sadly, MagiXara appears to be completely out of touch with its traditional customer base and it is patently obvious that they no longer have any interest in what is posted in the ¨Dear Xara¨ thread, which contains oft-repeated requests for real improvements to the vector drawing and open type support, which continue to remain unanswered. They seem to have no appreciation for the valuable input from TG members therein. It is a bloody shame.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.