Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro X and Photo & Graphic Designer Updates

We’ve just released an update to Xara Designer Pro X and Photo & Graphic Designer, available now.

You can find full details on what’s new in the Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/ and http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pho...phic-designer/ but the key additions are basic table support and text flow within shapes, and there are some examples of both in the Online Content Catalog. Both have been frequently requested so I’m sure they will be welcome! Fyi we will continue to develop the table support in upcoming Update Service releases.

If you have an active Update Service then this update is free. If you already have the November 2017 update installed (v15.0, you can check in Help > About) then this new update will download automatically. If you a version older than 15.0 then you will need to re-download the software, there is no auto-update. You can uninstall your current version or run it alongside if you prefer, and it uses the same serial number. Note though this news is hot off the press, we haven’t updated the downloads on our website yet, so you can either download 15.0 from our site now and it will auto update, or you can wait for the new downloads, due soon.

If your Update Service has expired or you have v11 or older then you can renew your Update Service / upgrade in order to access this and all the other updates since your version. Go to the Designer Pro or Photo & Graphic Designer page on magix.com and click Upgrade – but note my comment above about the downloads not being updated yet.

I hope you enjoy the new updates,
    Kate Moir

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X and Photo & Graphic Designer Updates

In one word;humbug

Hi, I'm a bit confused if I am eligible to update?

I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 15.0.0.52382 DL x64 Dec 1 2017 but don't currently have an active update service.

An auto update isn't happening and checking manually for updates via the help menu doesn't do anything other than make an advert for Xara Cloud popup.

Thanks
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

I guess you aren't eligible - no service, no updates is how it works, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post
    I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 15.0.0.52382 DL x64 Dec 1 2017 but don't currently have an active update service.
    An auto update isn't happening and checking manually for updates via the help menu doesn't do anything other than make an advert for Xara Cloud popup.
    Thanks
    When did your Update Service expire. If it was not that long ago, ask Xara for a temporary licence to access the Update and while there download any and all designs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Jonopen View Post

Thanks
    When I asked to check for updates I got the cloud ad. But when I closed it the update available showed.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Quote Originally Posted by gracehjs View Post
    When I asked to check for updates I got the cloud ad. But when I closed it the update available showed.
    The Cloud ad appears regardless of where you are in cover or not - that's just marketing.

In XWDP, wich I have let go out of cover, by choice, you get the ad (a different one) then absolutely nothing. Almost every other link that touches the Internet jumps to the Magix site.

You must still be in cover.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Although I am subscribed for another 19 days to PGD365, I get the same as Jonopen when I check manually for updates via the Help menu; it's certainly not updating automatically. This is on Windows 7 64 bit.

Is anyone else having this happen, please? If so, any solution offered?

All sorts of weird things have happened to my various Xara installations today - I've sent a request for help to Xara support, and my Magix login doesn't work either. Very odd. I just wondered in the meantime if it was just me or if many people were having a bad Xara day...

Thanks.

Cheers,

David.

Looks great that we can stretch photos now! However I see that if we skew vertically it is still "broken" in how it works with the image. Needs another fix!
    Ron Cavagnaro

After re-reading Kate Moir's post again, I realised I missed the vital detail (in bold!) * If you have an active Update Service *!!! I was then thrown off-course when nothing happened after closing the Xara Cloud popup advert. In the past I'm sure it used to say my Service Update had expired (which it did, 2 Dec 2017). It probably got fed up with me ignoring it.

It does seem a bit mean though, to have to pay for an update, that fixes a major issue (bitmap and text resizing) that the version I previously paid a licence for, suffered from.

I note the Magix website says to expect continual "innovative, new functions and useful improvements to the program". We'll see, let's hope so, but based on recent evidence it's not looking hopeful.

HIGH QUALITY DRAWING TOOLS/BRUSHES AND INOVATIVE VECTOR PLUGINS PLEASE

Meanwhile back to the old version for me.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022