Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara DPX update available - 15.1

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    Don't want to be a partypooper (once again);
    But is that all you could deliver within this year?
    Javascript objects,
    Tables ??who needs tables??
    Other prefab-content?

(sigh)
    Sorry if the new features are not good for you Haakoo, and your feedback will be noted as it always is - but if I remember rightly Tables were top of the request list in the last survey, certainly high up. And text inside shapes has been a long standing request. You're right, there is also some new content, which I forgot to mention: new web stories, presentations, and social media headings, mentioned at the bottom of the May 2018 section of the Release Notes @ http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    Yeah that seems for $129.00 per year
    This update has been delayed, and we're certainly sorry about that - not good for us or for you! But note that if you are considering the last year then you need to also consider the November 2017 and July 2017 updates, which are described in the release notes at http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/designer-pro/ and http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/pro365/

Kate

This isn't (like always) an update,simply a fix what you altered which didn't need a fix in the first place.
    Which request list do you use,the one from 1990 for tables??
    Come on this isn't a feature but an addon to have working with your online designer.
    And the javascript objects and the content that can be found all around the web are just what it is,content.
    So xara,once again,didn't deliver anything worth mentioning apart from being dissed even more in the graphics community.(don't you know appearance is everything nowadays)
    At least you don't count anymore on desktop level.

But I hope your online venture brings you the money you think it will bring.
    I for one and I think many here at TG are not interested in this venture.
    Google,Microsoft and Apple already have beaten you to the punch to have teams collaborate in the cloud.

In Dutch we have a saying;
    "Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest" it translates to "stick to what you know best."
    I think you have lost a big part of loyal customers by now and will,when they get note of this so called update.
    Getting customers is easy,keeping them is hard and make them loyal is even harder.
    In this day and age it will boil down to just that,loyal customers,they pay the bills,not the once in a while,average Joe or Suzie

Quote Originally Posted by haakoo View Post
    At least you don't count anymore on desktop level.
    Yes the development of the desktop version is died.

Just the illogical and irrational strange old lovers like me pays the 129$ for such updates.

Which in rational math is 129$ / 299$ (that is the price buying the Designer Pro X as new) = 43%. So paying each year the 43% of the total price as loyal customer for the yearly updates.

It would be better to be not loyal and not lover, then buying this whole thing as new when really needed

I didn't even mention the pricing but there are free or cheap programs which have features that make xara have nightmares to even try to implement.

Is "snap to object" work to these blue handle ? Without the "snap to object" it is impossible to use productively!!!
    However, this is not written releasenotes ... most likely not working(((. "Snap to ..." are the basics of working with vector images! How much can you expect to do ...
    No, no, with this update I again "flew past"(. I will not give money for it.

To Xara developers:
    You know, you anger those who told others about your program. Were talking about what she's as good as it's nice and convenient to operate. But as time goes on. But in that moment you lose yours most appreciative audience.
    Last year I organized courses about Xara Designer. This year will definitely not. Can't tell so well excitedly about Xara as before(. I'm afraid that in the future I will be ashamed of what i led people in the wrong direction. And i now - on the forum many people with the same feelings.
    And - support and promotion for XDPX in Russia ... Yes, it is not at all! Zero! Big zero! The program was promoted and promoted ONLY by committed people. However perhaps this market is not interesting to you).
    Last edited by maksimon; 23 May 2018 at 10:52 PM.

Sorry to say but still no fix for the zoom to object bug which has been known about for at least 3 years.

I do however like the text in a shape, is it worth the subscription cost, I don't think so.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Like maksimon I used to be proud to have this hidden gem that could create fast and easy graphics and vectors as opposed to the bloated Adobe-suite.
    Now I won't even mention I used xara.
    Lately here on TG there's nothing going on but us complaining about the lack of development simply because we haven't had a decent new feature/tool in years
    Maybe we're hanging on to the past but the Nottingham crowd has more flow, I wonder why.
    And we don't have to upgrade because in the near future the desktop version will be a discount product and be available for a buck or 20.
    Last edited by haakoo; 24 May 2018 at 09:02 AM.

...New content = web stories, presentations, and social media headings... just what has any of this got to do with the business of drawing vector graphics? More to the point, what have any of these "new features" got to do with a design program? We are being sold eye candy as something substantial. It is just smoke & mirrors. Nothing that has been suggested in Dear Xara for improvements to existing features such as the bitmap tracer, true vector 3D and extrusion and Open Type handling and new features such as smart guides, real vector brushes and vector mesh. All have been ignored in Dear Xara and various other threads that have been initiated as a result of the total inaction on the part of Magix/Xara in making real improvements.
    We Xara enthusiasts are losing our enthusiasm as may be witnessed by the general tenor of the postings hereabouts.

You have let us down and are trying to fob us off with little gew-gaws that are of little or no use, just to try and justify an outrageous fee for the non-delivery of real improvements.
    You all ought to be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for trying to extort money from loyal customers.
    Bob.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 24 May 2018 at 09:03 AM.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I hope you're listening, Xara,it isn't about the upgrade pricing and what you're offering to even upgrade.
    It's about not delivering anymore,period