Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: LiveFX crashing

Unhappy LiveFX crashing

Hi, I use Pro365 and it crashes each time I try to use LiveFX, even with the simplest file.

Any ideas? I've checked for updates and it reports "This program is up to date"

I can't even find how to report the issue

Default Re: LiveFX crashing

The first thing to try is shut down the program. Right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. You only need do this once and it will either work or it won't.

If it does not work, then try this, go to Window > Control Bars and click Reset. This will reset Designer Pro to the factory settings. You will lose any custom settings and/or custom control bars you may have created, but your work if saved will be OK.

Let us know if either of these two things solves the problem.

Does the program crash while applying an effect or after you have applied it and continue with another operation? If the latter, try to lock the effect before you proceed with other edits.

Thanks Gary,

I tried both fixes and neither worked. Clicking on the FX icon called up the toolbar. Clicking 'New' opens a generic Windows error message window from a CamBridge32 task saying "CreateInstance(XPE) failed!". Meanwhile the status bar says "Please wait: Gathering list of Live effects". I typically wait until Windows reports the program is not responding and asks whether I should close it or continue waiting. I have tried both.

Thanks Boy,
    I would be delighted to get that far!

have you added any custom live effects... ?

cambridge32 module handles 32 bit effects under the xara 64bit architecture

the error message in effect means the live effects module cannot start

No, handrawn, I can't remember the last time I looked at LiveFX and I've never found a use for one until now. As far as I know, there may not even be any to find. Thanks for the info, though.

well you've tried right clicking and running the program as administrator - have you rebooted your computer since? sometimes that is necessary

you need to log onto your ex-xara now magix account to raise a support ticket

there are some references to this issue on TG in respect of earlier versions, but nothing helpful that I can find...

Yes, rebooting was one of the first things, as was re-installing.

A support ticket seems the way to go. I found it really difficult to log on to Magix (I've changed my email since and neither would work or even get a password reset). I tried phoning the number but it was in German except for "press 4 for English" which did nothing except repeat the (German) menu again.

But thanks for your help here. It's appreciated, especially the opportunity to talk to someone else who understands. So, "if at first you don't succeed..."

sorry I couldn't help more... good luck