Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Placeholder objects using file content

I have some common html code/script that is replicated across a few pages (not all), and I use placeholders to embed those code. However, this requires me to update each and every placeholder object whenever I need to make changes to the code.

Is there a way to have the placeholder object use contents from a file, so that I only need to update that single file? I see only the options to replace the placeholder with a flash file or an image file, but not a code file.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Placeholder objects using file content

Quote Originally Posted by yeohray View Post
    I have some common html code/script that is replicated across a few pages (not all), and I use placeholders to embed those code. However, this requires me to update each and every placeholder object whenever I need to make changes to the code.
    Is there a way to have the placeholder object use contents from a file, so that I only need to update that single file? I see only the options to replace the placeholder with a flash file or an image file, but not a code file.
    Thanks in advance.
    Is there anything wrong in using Web Properties > Website > HTML Code (head)?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

The placeholder are for form input objects, and they don't appear on all the pages, only a few of them, but enough to be an annoyance to have to remember to update all of them to be consistent. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yeohray View Post
    The placeholder are for form input objects, and they don't appear on all the pages, only a few of them, but enough to be an annoyance to have to remember to update all of them to be consistent. Thanks.
    You can save off CSS and JS by using separate files and "linking" them into each Placeholder. The format will be link: <link rel="stylesheet" href="index_htm_files/your_styles.css"/> & <script src="index_htm_files/your_code.js"></script>.

You would have to "embed" the files into your design.
    The approach would be to have any Shape on your page, select it and press Ctrl+Shift+A and attach each file separately.
    If you consider this too awkward then what I would do is to upload the files with an FTP application into an upload folder of your choice; index_htm_files/ folder is still a workable option.

The alternative I would try is ensure the form is adaptive and only use one on a special page and use the Embed a website widget to access the same form across all variants.
    The advantage this offers is the user's entered information should be retained in all views as there is only one form to present and one form to maintain.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat