Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default light boxes around .jpg in exported PDF files.

Sometimes, in exported PDF files light or faint boxes appear around .jpg or .png that have placed on top of other .jpg in a file. How can I eliminate this behavior?? Thanks, Lew.

Default Re: light boxes around .jpg in exported PDF files.

Can you post an example of what you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Artworx View Post
    Sometimes, in exported PDF files light or faint boxes appear around .jpg or .png that have placed on top of other .jpg in a file. How can I eliminate this behavior?? Thanks, Lew.
    Do these images have transparency or shadows applied to them?

I can confirm this. The transparent rectangle slightly changes the color of the layer behind it. This never shows on-screen, only when printed out. All my print-outs are pdf files. There are two things this depends on: The color of the background--most colors won't show this problem, and the printer itself; some show it, others won't. Have never found a solution.

Oh, and these aren't jpgs or pngs laid on each other, they are xara cartoons exported to pdf files.

Sounds like an integers issue. Ensure your image dimensions are in whole pixel numbers, not containing decimal dimensions. But as Gary says please post an example.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Egg. Sorry, my wording was ambiguous. My vector artwork has no rectangle behind it, I meant the transparent rectangular bounding box that's created when the file is exported to pdf (which of course converts the artwork to bitmap). It's an alpha channel thing, I suppose. When it happens, it looks like the bounding box is 99% transparent. A light green background will show a very slightly but noticeable darker green box. This problem use to occur a lot on my old printer but only once in hundreds of files on my new printer. That means I won't be able to easily find a "guilty" file to post here. I print to good machines, btw, several thousand dollars.

I've never noticed this but to avoid it happening I'd ensure your images are whole pixels and on whole pixel co-ordinates.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have seen this before. What happens if you create a bitmap copy of the problem image? And if the bitmap does not have transparency? This might solve the problem.

The boxes appear randomly around .png with transparent backgrounds that were created in Photoshop. Sometimes .jpg with no transparency also show up with boxes in the exported .pdf. I never know in advance when this will happen. Thanks for you comments and help! Lew
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boxes around bitmaps.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	121189  

So, yes, definitely a transparency issue. Try exporting the .png files from Xara and then place these on top of the background picture.