Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Text with smaller line than 0.25 for repainting by hand?

Thank you very much for your great help! I will try that.
    The way to work with dampened paper only will work with any inkjet printer, or am I wrong?

Hi Holger,

Text by default has no line width/stroke. Just a filled shape. You can select your text, set the fill to none and stroke to black and set the stroke size to any value you require by typing the required value into the 'Set Line Width' box. No need to convert to editable shapes. I suspect you'll need to test print first to see what is the smallest stroke width your inkjet can produce.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	holger.png 
Views:	73 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	121183  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Holdger, print out your copy and place under the fresh sheet of paper and "trace" it.

Or, convert to editable shapes and give the shapes a line width of 2pt and make the line colour white to get skinny letters.

Or, clone the text and change the top one to white - I still get printable faint outlines.

Or, use Egg's suggestion and change the line style to dashes to reduce the amount of ink form your printer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Wohooo! Many solutions - and they are all great! Thank you very much.