Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Problems publishing changes to my web site & placeholders not working

Hi BKJ
    thanks I don't see why if I could publish/upload the site Ok with no problems then before why the updates won't upload, as nothing changed & all the settings remain the same. I suspect that there is something strange in the Xara software or my laptop has some communication problems.

I have used Filezilla in the past to publish but find it easier & more convenient to use the integral system within Xara.

Someone is going to test uploading for me today so all will be revealed shortly.

Thanks for taking the time to answer, we would be lost without the efforts on this forum!

Regards Dave

Default Re: Problems publishing changes to my web site & placeholders not working

You are correct in that it should be working if it worked before. I hope you get to the bottom of it (and let the rest of us know what it turns out to be).
    You are also correct that we would be lost w/o this forum and the help from others.
    Thanks
    Barry

Hi Dave, re-found your domain name.

I uploaded a site to your server, does this work for you (don't get excited)?

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg
    If I search for my Davora.eu site that still shows as Davora, if I click on the link you sent me it show davora.eu/egg in the website header with log in details displayed.

Many Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave, yes, I published it to a sub folder named egg to test whether the publish settings were correct in xara. Hold on, I'll delete that and publish your site in it.

Okay your site is now on your server. I can't understand why you are having issues as it seems to have published correctly. It's in the sub-folder /egg. Use the same link above (post #13) and press Ctrl+F5. Do you want me to publish it in your root folder?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg
    Thanks that sounds good, so I take it all I need to do to publish with my other settings is put /davora in the sub-folder to publish?
    You can go ahead once I know it publishes ok I can make sure the settings are correct so I can publish the site with changes.

Many Thanks

Dave

It looks like it is just the index.htm that is the problem. If I go to Egg's test click on any link then remove /egg from the url the page loads.

Hi Dave if you want to publish to your root on the web server, leave the sub-folder field empty.
    Egg

Hi Egg

This seems to solve the problem of publishing the site.

The only thing now is to solve the html/placeholders/sliders & some other teaks that may well be something to do with my software & I may have to rebuild those pages.

Thanks to all contributors for your time & assistance - you are a credit to this board, we would be lost without your assistance..

Kind Regards

Dave

Pleased to have been of assistance Dave. You appear to have published your site with no problems. Can you delete the 'egg' sub-folder as Google may see this a duplicate site? Get back if you have further problems.
    Egg